Chapter 14: Valentines

Elana and Derek were slowly accepting the fact that they were soul mates and coming to terms with it. Neither saw it as a bad thing at all, they were just scared of it. With the help of Stiles, Elana had found out more about Soul mates, there wasn't much but to her it was better than nothing. Mostly they just found that the bond is really intimate for the supernatural creatures, just as Derek had said. They were aware of each others pain, to notify them if one was in trouble. And at times the bond could be used to find each other after getting separated.

"morning el, happy valentines" Elana heard Scotts voice coming from her doorway making her groan.

She didn't want to get out of bed, it was too early.

Elana hummed in response.

"happy valentines" she mumbled out rolling in her bed until her back smacked the floor loudly.

Scott laughed at his sister, he left her be, going downstairs to make some her some coffee. It was the least he could do, she had been angry at him after Derek had almost died, yet she had forgiven him although he hadn't apologised.

Elana stayed on the floor almost falling asleep again.

With a rather loud groan she got off of the floor and shuffled downstairs in her pyjamas not even bothering to brush her bed hair out.

The bitter smell of coffee filled her senses as a smile grew on her face.

"coffee" she stated happily seeing Scott pour her a cup of the dark steaming hot liquid.

He chuckled upon hearing her joyfull voice, what a cup of coffee could do to her.

Elana stopped Scott before he could pour milk into the cup, taking it from him and scooping two spoons of sugar into the coffee.

"you're crazy" Scott laughed out watching his sister drink the coffee, which was hot enough to burn her mouth, without any milk in it. And enjoy it.

"I'm tired" she corrected while sighing in pleasure as the hot liquid warmed her chest and the bitter-sweet taste energised her.

Scott shook his head with a laugh as he filled his half full cup of coffee with milk.

"should i make pancakes or wafles?" The girl questioned, her mug still by her face.

It was their little tradition to cook breakfast for Melissa every Valentines day. Elana would then proceed to watch romcom movies with her mother the whole evening, Scott and Stiles joining them from time to time.

"hmm, you did waffles last year, do pancakes." Scott answered before gulping down half of his coffee.

And he sais I'm the crazy one. Elana had thought to herself watching Scott with a frown on her face.

With a shake of her head the girl set off to cook breakfast, Scott helping where he could withought burning anything.

>--<

Elana laughed at the spazing boy beside her as he dropped the candy off the shell. Stiles immediately bent down and picked up the packets off the floor almost falling from the quick action of bending down.

"its hilarious just watching you sometimes" in between laughter.

The pair had gone to the closest shop to pick up snacks for later in the evening. Elana had also got the snacks that she knew Derek liked, she had asked him what his favourite snacks are when she was eating sour patch kids in his car.