chapter 20: heart monitor part 3

DUDES THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 9K AHHHHH IM SO HAPPY 🎉🎉🎉

"Stiles!" Elana called, shoving past a group of jocks huddled together blocking the corridors

Stiles turned around too quickly for his own good after stopping abruptly, a smirk stuck on his face. Scott next to him didn't look very happy, pouting as he looked at his overly happy best friend.

"Ells, you missed all the fun" Stiles proclaimed throwing a hand over her shoulders as the friends continued their walk to class.

Elana chuckled in response agreeing with Stiles, it sounded mean but chucking lacrosse balls at Scott would have been satisfyingly fun.

"How did it go master Yoda?"

Stiles patted her shoulder in appreciation to the nickname and began briefly explaining what happened and what his next plans were. Meanwhile, Scott nodded along silently, hopeful to learn control over his powers.

"So you're just monitoring his heartbeat the whole day now"

"Yep" Stiles answered popping the 'p'

Just in time for the bell, they reached the economics class going to their seats, Allison beating Stiles to the seat behind Scott, leaving both Elana and Stiles to move to the back of the class.

"Rude" Elana mumbled under her breath jokingly referring to her brothers girlfriend stealing Stiles seat.

"Let's settle down. Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenberg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading. How about, uh - McCall." Coach spoke as he entered the class and sat on his desk

"What?" "Yes" the twins replied simultaneously leaving coach to roll his eyes with a groan.

"Scott McCall" he clarified

"Yes sir?"

"The reading."

"Last night's reading?" Scott questioned making Elana groan, knowing he hadn't done the reading.

"How about, uh, the reading of the Gettysburg Address?" the whole class giggled confusing Scott even further

"What?"

"That's sarcasm. You familiar with the term 'sarcasm' McCall?"

Scott turned to look at his best friend and sister, both of whom were smirking slyly and nodded his head slightly 

"Very."

"Did you do the reading or not?" Coach questioned getting annoyed at his student.

This is gonna be bad Elana thought to herself, scrunching up her face.

"Uh - I think I forgot."

"Nice work, McCall. It's not like you're not averaging a "D" in this class. Come on, buddy. You know I can't keep you on the team if you have a "D." How about you summarize, uh, the previous night's reading? No? How about the, uh, the night before that? How about you summarize anything you've ever read - In your entire life?" Coach spoke as he walked over and leaned on Scott table intimidating him.