1. A gift

You apply another layer of red lipstick rubbing your finger across your lips to remove the smudges. After plumping up the curls in your hair you check your wrist watch gifted to you by Bucky. He would be here any minute to pick you up. Tonight was going to be bittersweet. It was the last night Bucky was in town before he was leaving again to go fight on the front line against the Germans. You always try to not think about it because the idea of him ever getting hurt or never coming home was too tough to bare. Trying to remain positive you thought about the night you where about to have with him. He was taking you to a convention where the rich and intelligent Howard Stark was going to show off his new invention. Quite honestly you weren't very interested in these types of things but you went to them anyway only to spend time with Bucky.

*knock knock*

You lift your head to look over at the door. Grabbing your purse you open the door in excitement. There he was, standing in full uniform. His blue eyes where intoxicating as he let out a huge grin. "There's my best girl" he said as he grabbed you by the waist and spun you around before pulling you in and planting his warm lips against yours. "I have something for you" he exclaimed with his forehead still against yours.

"Happy 5 year anniversary" he exclaimed as he reached into his pocked pulling out a box.

"Buck! We decided we weren't doing gifts. I can't afford anything for you" you stated in a guilty tone. It's not that you didn't want to get him something, you really did it was just that being a singer in a local pub didn't pay much.

"I know but this ones different. It's something so you can remember me while I am gone, plus you are already everything I need. You make me unbelievably happy already" he said while placing his hand on your cheek while giving a warm smile. "Now take it" he said as he passes the box to you.

You take it out of his hands knowing he would never let you say no. It was who he was. So kind and warm hearted all he ever wanted to do was show his love. You look down at the box as you open it revealing a silver locket necklace.

You look up at him then back down at the necklace. "Oh Bucky its gorgeous" you sigh as you take it out it's box.

"Open it" he exclaimed.

As you open it, it revealed a picture of you two hand in hand looking into each other's eyes.

"Bucky I love it but I don't need this to remember you. I will never forget you" you say as you plant your head onto his chest and holding him close. "I promise, I am yours forever" you whisper.

He pulls you back in kissing you again but for longer and this time more passionately.

"We have to go" he whispers as he releases his lips from yours. I have Steve and some girl waiting for us at the convention.

You raise your eyebrows "A girl hey" please don't tell me this is another one of your failed attempts to play match maker with some girl and Steve.

He laughs "You know me too well" he pauses "I just don't like leaving him alone while I'm gone".

You sigh "and what do I tell you every time you say that?....he's not alone Buck he has me. You know how he is around girls and it's not fair that you drag me along to see it every time. It's also not fair that you have left him alone for so long with this girl. He's probably scared her away by now".

You both laugh and Bucky turns to put his arm out.

"We'll have to go and see now won't we. Come on we've been stood on this doorstep long enough. I think it's about time I take my girl out"

You take his arm and begin to walk in the direction of the convention.