7. Training

You had spent a whole week sitting in your chambers. With nothing much to do you would sit and examine the strange necklace you found under your pillow. It still meant nothing to you yet the idea of loosing it was unsettling to you. Soon enough though guards came to collect you which meant your training was about to begin with this mystery man that they had just experimented on.

You where lead to a room with everything needed to train. Crash mats, punching bags and gloves, knives, guns, explosives. You didn't know if any of it was real or just fake for training since you had never been around this type of equipment before. Either way your mind was telling you you where ready to learn. To do what ever was necessary.

After looking around in this room alone for about 5 minutes Doctor Zola walked into the room followed by the man you saw the other day being dragged down the corridor. He was dressed in the same outfit except now he had something that looked like a bullet proof vest on and he was wearing the same mouth piece as the other day but this time he was also wearing some type of glasses to hide his eyes.

"Agent (Y/s/n)" Doctor Zola spoke out "allow me to introduce the Winter soldier. He will be training you for the next couple months until your are in prime condition to fight"

"The winter soldier? Really, is that what I'm supposed to call him?" You reply in a serious but slightly sarcastic way.

"You shall not know his name as he will not know yours but you can call him Sergeant if you wish" Doctor Zola instructed.

You nodded and Doctor Zola continued "you two will begin training. Sergeant will teach you everything you need to know. There is nothing else you need to know beyond that. Everything you learn will be on a need to know basis" he walked out the room and you where left with your new partner, Sargent.

"We will begin with basic skills and we will develop your hand to hand combat. Try to keep up. I won't go easy on you. I am here to teach you what it's like to mess up so the more you do the more hurt you will get" he says as he walks over to the boxing gloves and holds a pair out for you to take off him.

You didn't say anything in response, just did what you where told. The whole day you spent training with him with numerous blows to the face and stomach. You didn't speak much to the Sargent, nothing other than about training anyway. He was very quiet and you could feel the anger pouring out of him. 

With your new enhanced abilities it allowed you to learn quicker. By the end of that days training session you had learnt a whole sequence. You did other things in between though to help develop your strength. As the Sargent was leaving the room you asked him "did they do the same to you... I mean the same as what they did to me". He stopped.

He turned his head only half way in your direction without turning his body with him. It was the first thing you had asked him all day that wasn't connected to training. For a moment he paused and responded "I will see you here tomorrow 8am sharp" and walked out of the room.

Back in your chamber you couldn't stop thinking about him. It was weird. If you had both gone through the same experiment then why was he so much more closed off and angry than you. You where willing to do anything for HYDRA it was now your sole purpose in life but you feel like you still kept fragments of your personality or you think you do. You can't remember much before being at this facility.

Deciding not to worry about it any longer you turn over and rest up before your next day at training.