16. An old friend

You had been sat tied to a chair for god knows how long but you didn't care. Somehow you had managed to get away from Hydra. It didn't matter what happened next, all that mattered was that you where away from them.

From what you could gather you believe you where in a hospital. The smell of sterilised units and mumbling of what seemed to be doctors talking about patents could be heard but you weren't quite sure considering most things you knew about the outside world had changed dramatically also that brown haired women brought you in through the back of the building and didn't allow you to see much of what was going on.

"She's through here" you heard a woman say from outside the door before a red head bursts through the door.

"Why'd you do it, who do you work for. Tell me or else I will kill you" the mysterious red head demands while holding a gun to your head.

"Nat, stand down" a male voice says as he walks through the door behind her.

As you look up at him his face goes pale. His eyes light up in shock. He doesn't move. This man had blonde hair and was very built.

"Y/n" he says shocked.

"I'm sorry, I don't know who that is" you reply. Your mind was running wild confused as to what was going on.

"What the hell happened. How are you alive" he continued.

"I'm really sorry but I have... no idea who you are" you repeat. This man, he felt strangely familiar but it didn't change the fact you didn't know him.

"Hang on you know her? I'm sorry Steve but I'm still going to kill her if she doesn't tell us everything she knows. Fury is dead and she is going to lead us to who killed him" the red head butted in.

"I didn't kill anyone" you replied back instantly as she turns from Steve to look back at you "yes, I'm part of the organisation that did which was no choice of my own and it's a very long story, half of it I don't even know myself but I promise you I didn't kill your friend".

"But you know who did" she replied back.

"Maybe I don't know. In all honesty I have just recently come out of a 65 year long coma in an ice cap...to put things into a simple form and I don't really know what's going on. I left them, I needed to get away from them. They're bad people and I didn't want to be a part of that... you have to believe me" you pleaded.

"I believe you" the blonde man finally spoke up again "you don't remember me but I remember you. You wouldn't willingly do something like this but we can only help you if you tell us who killed Fury" he said sympathetically.

There was something warm and trusting about him. He seemed genuine and like he wanted to help. You longed to remember him. It was like you where finally finding your life again but you just couldn't remember and it was infuriating.

"How do I know you?" you questioned him.

He sighed and looked over to the red head. "Would you give us a minute" he asked.

"Fine, but you get answers out of her or I will" she stated before exiting the room.

He untied the rope which was binding your hands and pulled up a seat in front of you. This was it. You where about to get answers or some of them at least.

"What do you want to know" he asked calmly.

"Everything. I have very few memories, snippets of things that just don't make sense. Who are you?" you reply initially. You had so many things you wanted to ask but this seemed to be the first person that knew you and could actually remember you.