I - an ordinary day

The sound of a bell echoed through the orphanage. It carried several meanings, mom needing something, a meal being served or a simple signal ending the playtime outside. But the children who would participate in the mentioned happenings during the day were now in deep slumbers and the unspecified duty of the bell was to wake them up.

The sun had lazily climbed up the sky just like the kids, very leisurely, climbed out of their beds. Y/n was no different, she groggily put her feet down, her joints cracking. But her tired stretching wasn't the only 'morning gymnastics' that was offered to her that day. In fact, a whole rugby match was brought to the girl by two of her younger brothers, Thoma and Lannion.

It had almost become a daily routine of theirs - tackling Y/n to the floor, grinning at how easy the task was for them. And Y/n, well she let them have their little morning laugh.

"Y/n! Stop laying on the floor!" Thoma exclaimed.

"Yes! You have already gotten enough sleep." Lannion pointed out, which was absolutely right. The kids had been out playing outside until the late hour yesterday and the sleep everyone got felt heavenly refreshing.

"Alright, alright. I'm up!" Y/n smiled getting up from the floor. "Although I'm not this easily defeated! This little rugby match will continue!" She thundered in a deep voice but broke character along with the eruption of laughter coming from the two boys.

Two kisses of a playful manner were laid on their hairlines and Y/n proceeded with whatever morning routine she had, which happened to be slightly different each and every day. Everything depended on the children and which of them needed her help with putting on clothes for instance. But at times, like that particular day, her helping hand wasn't needed at all and although some sting of nostalgia stirred in her at those moments, she was proud of her younger siblings who managed to take care of themselves.

"Still sleepy?" Emma appeared by her side as Y/n closed the door of the dorm behind her.

"Oh, you did scare me a little there." The girl laughed and with her did Emma. "Full of energy as always?"

"Oh, you bet!" She exclaimed all giggly. "The sun is shining, we are going to get garlic bread for breakfast and the morning has just begun, meaning we have the whole day to play and do different things!"

"I see you have claimed some... inside information about today's breakfast, Emma."

"Well," She smirked, pulling an arm around Y/n's shoulders. "After all, Norman and Ray have the kitchen duty today.

She then grabbed Y/n's hand and dragged her along while marching down the hallway to the dining room. Approaching the place intended to eat, Y/n caught a glimpse of a four-year-old boy observing her with glittering eyes.

"Emma, you can go ahead, I will be back in a minute" Y/n smiled at the other girl while freeing her hand.

"Alrighty! Just don't get late. Garlic bread awaits, remember?" With that, the orange ball of sunshine dove into the dining room, as Y/n approached the little boy.

"Phil! What are you up to my little sugar plum?" The girl beamed squatting in front of her little brother.

"I have a little trouble tying my shoes." The boy said while his eyes fell down to his feet where the long ends of the shoelaces were spread across his feet making them very risky to walk in. On step and the little boy could be paying the cold wooden floor a closer visit.

"Ohhh, so that's how it is. Well, fear not, cause Y/n the hero is here to save your day!"

She then got ahead to tie Phil's shoes and proceeded to give the little one a piggyback ride toward what distance remained to the dining room.

w o r r y w a r t || the promised neverlandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें