XV - a roller coaster of emotions

The said words 'we need to talk' didn't fulfill their purpose until the very night when the children of the house were long gone in the land of dreams. The clock striking 12 informed the six of the oldest that the time had brought their planned meeting. Nearly each of them quietly made their way to the dining room of the house and anticipated the last one missing, namely Y/n.

After Don's announcement that he wanted to talk and the fact that he and Gilda were absent from the dining room when the last meal of the day was about to begin, fired up a feeling of unwellness in Y/n's stomach. She spent the last few minutes before the small gathering in one of the bathrooms in the house, bending over the toilet and dismissing the dinner the upper way. After washing away the horrible after-taste of nausea and obviously hiding the evidence by flushing the toilet, Y/n took two deep breaths and made her way to the others.

"Sorry for the wait." She muttered when finally approaching the remaining youths.

Emma shook her head, smiling softly at the girl. "You don't have to be Y/n, we didn't wait long."

The girl turned her gaze, which now had a brief determination painting it, towards Don and Gilda. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"You two acted stupidly, there isn't anything to talk about!" Ray burst out abruptly not even giving the asked a chance to explain themselves. "What if there were cameras or some kind of device for eavesdropping inside mama's room? What you two did was to play with fire and you should consider yourselves lucky because you did manage not to burn yourselves!" 

"What are you hiding?" Don ignored the scolding and went straight to asking questions important for his own bargain, while tears of anger gathered in his eyes. It was hurtful to see him in such a state. Always bringing happiness to others, he was now the one that drained everyone from those emotions with his hurt expression.

Don's words started the unstoppable domino of truth provided by Emma. Every piece revealed new information she told about the house alongside the situation the children were so unfortunate to be in. Piece after piece, falling onto each other and built the path the oldest four were pacing on. How many of those bricks were left, no one of them knew. But this was certainly the right way. The only possible one. Whilst Emma was breaking another hunch of truth to Don and Gilda, Y/n jerked and fidgeted as if the words were not whispers but loud shouting in her conscience. 

"So you mean Conny...?" Don began but halted his sentence because of two factors. The first one indicated Emma, who bowed abruptly over the table she was standing in front of, aiming her pardon at the boy who spoke up. The second cause was the inability of a certain word to pass each of the children's throats.

"And Ray was the spy...?" He continued, his voice breaking more and more with each word. "All... this time?"

Ray acceded with a nod, remaining silent. So did the other children. The only source of the sound was the pendulum clock which was hanging on the wall and signaling every second that passed. The calm before the storm.

"But in that case... " Don broke the silence and by that, the said tranquility as well. "You knew what would happen to Conny that day, didn't you?"

I think all people know the disturbing sound that is created when a fork slides on a plate. How it makes one flinch and tighten their jaw. A similar reaction was created by Y/n as she heard what Don said. Her eyes snapped to her feet as she begged for one thing - to not hit her head or neck on the dining table if she possibly collapses.

"And you three..." Don said pointing out Y/n, Emma and Norman. "You lied to us as well, wanting to take us into a world full of enemies!"

"No Don, that's not-"