II - now pay for your stubbornness

"I read in books that the outside world has so many clothes! I want to try them all!"

"I would like to eat delicious food!"

"I would like to go on a date with a cute girl!"

"Don, that wasn't very nice of you."

"Oh, I didn't mean it like that."

"I want to see a real train!"

"Ohh that's really wonderful Phil!" Y/n giggled as she and Ray approached the other children in the middle of their conversation.

"Y/n! What would you want to do after getting out of the house?" Emma asked with a bright smile that spread across her lips.

"I would like to write books! Like those we have here in our library, to bring joy to people."

"I am certain that Ray would enjoy reading those." Norman muttered receiving a glare from the ravenette.

Emma shifted her eyes to Norman totally oblivious to the comment the boy uttered. "And you Norman?"

"I would like to visit places and get to see things I have never seen!"

"What a fantastic idea!" The orange-haired girl exclaimed and looked over at Ray. "And you?"

"Well, after getting out I would have to survive first."

Y/n blinked her eyes a few times while searching for an answer on the boy's face but his expression remained unchanged.

"Well that's depressing." Don commented. "What about you Emma?"

"You want to ride a giraffe, right?" Ray asked, making Y/n smile at the memory of the conversation the four of the oldest kids had several years ago.

"I said that?" Emma giggled. "To be honest, I really don't want to leave this place. I want to stay here forever!"

The raven haired boy visibly tensed up, making Y/n put a hand on his back while patting it reassuringly.

"I promise I will write! I will write a lot of letters and never forget about you all!" Conny beamed.

"My sweet little angel." Y/n said while making her way towards Conny and patting her head. "Make sure little bunny doesn't forget us as well."

...

Y/n squeezed Conny in a hug not wanting her little sister to go. Goodbyes were always problematic for her. She pressed a kiss to the little girl's template.

"Remember, I will always love you." She murmured having her voice collected, but tears started pricking in her eyes. "If you don't like your new family, I will make sure mama brings you back is that alright?"

The little girl nodded her head sobbing quietly. "If mama wasn't our mom, then I would like to have you as my mama." Conny whispered while rubbing her eyes against the crook of Y/n's neck.

The older girl backed away slowly, while the caretaker of the house, Isabella, gently held Conny's hand and walked out of the house shutting the door behind her. Y/n sighed and closed her eyes making a few tears fall down her cheeks. They rolled down like waterdrops on a window, hunting each other, creating a race. She quickly dried them using her sleeve and turned away from the door.

"Come on Y/n let's clean." Emma said while softly smiling towards her sister, but it didn't reach her eyes that were instead filled with hurt. 

"Yes let's clean." 

...

"No! No no no no!" Emma shouted while running between the tables and then grabbing a stuffed toy. "Conny left Little bunny!"