XIII.V - finding the shepherd's dog

.

.

.

"Now tell me Ray, why did you become mom's sheepdog in the first place?" Norman asked, giving Y/n a chance to hear an answer to the question that was bugging her the most.

"I volunteered." The raven-haired sneered. "I myself went to her. It's actually more accurate to say I sold myself.

Why Ray?

And even in Y/n's thoughts, her words sounded weak.

"Why?" Norman asked flatly, once again unconsciously enabling Y/n to get her thoughts heard.

And without missing a single beat, Ray spoke up, his voice sounding darker than usual. The tone surely didn't leave only Y/n in shivers. "To prepare for the escape. Everything was to prepare for the escape we are planning right now."

The puzzle pieces clicked, the cogs began to move, and the thick fog of unawareness began to clear out. It was like a fresh burst of wind. Ray had spent a good amount of his youngest years, his childhood that should be the most precious and carefree period of every child's life, on setting up a plan to survive beyond that said time.

"If you want to learn about the enemy, or gather essential things... the most efficient way of doing it is from the inside. Keeping your enemies close always results in good consequences." Ray taught. "And that's why I sold myself to the enemy and sure enough... mama agreed."

Now that Ray had finally started talking, it was best to keep Y/n decided it was best to not interrupt and keep her own mouth shut, to remain in dismay and grab as much information as he was spilling in every word. Apparently, Norman came to the same conclusion because he endured in his silence. 

"I asked for two things - For mama not to ship me out if I was helpful, and the second condition were rewards."

"What rewards?" The words bolted out of Norman's lips much swifter than he planned, making Y/n bit the insides of her cheeks of the tactlessness, but nevertheless, Ray continued.

"Various junk, if it was not available in the house, she would get it for me. That way I could test what was possible to get as well as gather information from the outside. Unfortunately, the things I was getting were old models that didn't give away much about what is happening outside of these walls."

"Keeping in mind the number of things you know Ray.. when you said you had an idea on how to break the tracking devices-" Seemingly, the fear of the raven-haired boy not wanting to drop information was idle, because of how he cut off Norman in mid-sentence. Ray could almost be described as eager to distribute the facts he knew to the other boy. 

"I have seen the actual device and I figured how to break it after experimenting on them for many years."

"Ray-"

"Can you see it now Norman?" Ray taunted darkly moving a few steps inside of the bedroom, fairly catching Y/n off guard. "The person you see before you right now, is the strongest card you will ever have."

Once again, there was a relocation on the other side of the room, making Y/n jolt every time a sound was created close to the door. If she wouldn't move her feet soon, she would undoubtedly get caught. Although, there was one more thing that circulated inside her brain, one more thing she demanded an answer to.

"I have more information that is necessary for the escape than you can imagine, I can nullify the trackers and control mama like a puppet however you, the puppetmaster, would like." Ray chuckled dryly at his comment before continuing. "I have always been preparing without anyone noticing. I took Little bunny and made you three go to the gate, controlled mama... all of this..." He trailed off for only a second before almost shouting out: