Sisters Are Meant To Be

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back!

I am sorry that I did not update soon then I wanted to. My job and life have been getting in the way. Plus, I had to update my Merlin story first. I defiantly feel like I need a break from life. The stress is really getting to me.

Also, I want to thank OtherCharacterNut for helping me with this story. You guys really need to read her stories. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Also, I do not own anything and the songs except my OCs Brie, Amber and Adam. Also, listen to the song "Somethings Are Meant To Be" from Little Women.

Brie's POV

It felt as though the entire weight of the world was covering me like the blankets, only crushing me to the point where I couldn't get up. Not a feeling one enjoys when waking up in the morning. The unexpected proposal from Adam, singing guarded secrets with all my strength, unresolved conflict with my family, tossing and turning all night...each a stitch in the blanket that was smothering me with impossible planet-sized pressure. There was just so much going through my mind and I honestly felt as though I would never process it all.

What didn't help my restlessness was hearing someone coming into the hotel room around 2 in the morning. I knew it wasn't Christine or Gustav since they were already asleep in their own rooms. I slowly crept out of bed to take a peek and right as I opened my door, I heard someone mumbling and the gush of liquid pouring into a glass cup. I slowly pushed the door a little wider to see the back of Raoul. I was confused and concerned as I watched him he drink his rum quickly.

I accidently opened the door a bit too much and gasped when it creaked into the dead of night. The moment I saw Raoul start to turn towards my room, I rapidly rushed back to my bed and instantly closed my eyes. I laid still as I could when my door reopened softly from the outside. The sound of footsteps crept towards me and I held my breath. I almost winced, startled at the contact of his hand pulling my comforter closer to my shoulders.

He gently kissed my forehead and whispered very softly to my ear, "I promise you Brieanna, I will not let that monster hurt you or take you away from your family again."

I waited until I heard the footsteps leaving and the door clicking shut. My eyes instantly opened and I sat upright. I knew he was talking about Erik. Just as I knew this was wishful thinking, but I prayed to God that they didn't do that stupid bet. Shaking the thought from my mind, I laid back down, trying to get an ounce of sleep. Not that I did.

I was before sunrise and while I was getting dressed for the day, I looked over to the calendar to see I only had two days until the concert. So, I had two days to 'make my decision and fix this problem.' I decided to wear a dark purple dress and put my hair in a French braid. When I walked out of my room, I looked around to see Gustav was still sleeping and Christine and Raoul's door was still closed. That must mean they were still asleep. What surprised me was that Adam wasn't in his room. Even his bed looked like it hasn't been slept in. Where is he? Did he come back? I knew Erik wanted to have a voice lesson in a few hours. I was about to leave the room when a voice stopped me.

"Brieanna, please wait."

I turned around to see Christine standing in the doorway. She slowly closed the door, making sure not to disturb Raoul. I could tell I wasn't the only one who didn't get any sleep. Christine had dark circles under her eyes and she almost looked paler than normal. The thought of yesterday's incident hit me. I cringed when I recalled our fight and more importantly, when I revealed I wasn't really her sister.