A Bittersweet Reunion

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back!

I am sorry that I did not update soon then I wanted to. My job and life have been getting in the way.

Plus, I had to update my Merlin story first. I defiantly feel like I need a break from life. The stress is really getting to me.

Also, I want to thank OtherCharacterNut for helping me with this story. You guys really need to read her stories. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Also, I do not own anything and the songs except my OCs Brie, Amber and Adam.

3rd POV

A beautiful morning swept over Phantasma with all the people enjoying the bright sky and colorful surroundings. Except for one. Adam sat alone on a park bench, seeing everything in the blur of a brutal hangover. He had been there since before the sun rose but didn't get any sleep during the night. Adam mindlessly brushed his fingers through his unkempt hair and rubbed at the dark circles under his eyes, finally noticing that his tie was missing and wrinkled shirt was misbuttoned.

Adam groaned and tilted his head back. He should be enjoying the natural beauty of the early morning, take out his sketch pad, and capture the vivid sight that was Phantasma. Unfortunately, his mind was elsewhere. On the events of last night, with all the shame, anger and despair that filled every second. Even with the hangover, he could recall every detail.

Meg's giggle filled the air as she and Adam walked through the darkened Phantasma. The stars illuminated the night, but reflected something cold and dull in Adam's eyes. Not even the nostalgic melody of the carousel could rouse an emotional reaction from him. Meg slowed them down to stand next to the ornate ponies as they pranced around and around. She smiled, the colorful lights flashing over their faces, and gazed up at him.

At that moment, Adam was so lost in his own thoughts that he didn't realize Meg had kissed him. She was drawn into him by the bright stars twinkling in the night, the entrancing song of the carousel, and copious amounts of alcohol consumed at the bar. Feeling Meg's soft lips against his, Adam suddenly found himself melting into her kiss. He grabbed her hips to pull her closer into him and heard her moan into his mouth. Meg wrapped her arms around his neck and twirled her tongue with his.

The thought of Brieanna abruptly came into Adam's mind at the taste of Meg and his eyes snapped open. Immediately pushing her away, Adam held her at arm's length as Meg looked at him in a haze.

"Meg - Miss. Giry - I am so sorry..."

Meg frowned in confusion and replied, "What's wrong monsieur? Is everything all right?"

Adam heaved a deflated sigh and released her shoulders before stepping away from her. "I should never have kissed you. My mind was somewhere else, I... I must apologize."

He turned to leave, but Meg instantly grabbed his arm to stop him. Adam tried to avoid her eyes as she desperately clung to him. However, when she reached up to touch his face, Adam met her gaze as she said, "I know why you feel you need to apologize, but don't. Please, Adam, I felt something in that kiss. And I know you did too." Meg held onto the sides of his, bringing him back to her lips, and whispered, "We belong together."

Adam blinked at her words and brought his hands up to her wrists to free himself from her touch. He gently let her go and stepped back, saying, "My heart belongs to another."

Meg gasped at the pain that struck her heart. His sudden rejection caused drunken humiliation to creep inside her. Adam left her there in the colorful lights of the carousel, standing even stiller than the statuesque horses rising and falling like her shattered breaths.