Love With Your Heart

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back! I know it has been forever.

I am sorry that I did not update. I have been very busy for the past couple of months. My job, studying for my exam, and spending time with my family. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me.

Again, I want to thank my friend OtherCharacterNut for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help.

Also, please check out my Twitter page, my YouTube channel, and my Polyvore page to see posters and what clothes Brie is wearing in each chapter. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter.

Also, I do not own anything except my OC Brie.

Brie's POV

"Welcome to our temporary home," Adam said as he opened the doors to our hotel suite.

As I walked into the suite, my mouth literally dropped. This place was beautiful. There was a huge window with ornate drapes, a beautiful blood red chaise, a small glass dining table, and a wooden writing desk. In the corner of the room was a gorgeous black grand piano. On top of the piano was a little music box which looked like a merry-go-round. As Christine and Raoul carried their luggage to the room on the left, Gustave immediately dropped his suitcase and ran to the piano. He snatched the music box and sat down on one of the dining room chairs. Adam was preoccupied at the painting that was on the wall.

I slowly walked over to one of the bedroom doors and opened them. In the room was a queen size bed with a white canopy. Oh, I am definitely calling dibs on this room!

I was so immersed in the grandeur of the room, that I jumped at the tap on my shoulder. I turned to see Adam as he said, "Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

I slightly laughed and replied, "It's all right, you didn't startle me. Is there something you need?"

He chuckled nervously as he rubbed the back of his neck. "I was planning to go and explore Coney Island. I was..." He stopped for a second to clear his throat. He looked right into my hazel eyes and continued to say, "I was wondering if you would like to join me? If you'd rather spend time alone today, I understand."

My whole world stopped at his question. I was conflicted. I did want to explore all there was to see on Coney Island in the 1900's. However, I couldn't give Adam the wrong impression or false hope.

I would love to go, but I do need to spend some time alone. I'm still tired from the trip."

Adam lowered his eyes with a heavy sigh. I felt even worse when he replied, "Of course, I understand." My heart stopped when he gently reached for my hand and placed a delicate kiss. "I will return home by midnight."

Before I could say anything, Adam grabbed his coat and walked out of the suite. I closed my eyes as I felt this twinge of guilt wrap itself around my spine. Adam seemed like a great guy, a real sweetheart. I knew he and this Brie had a strong connection, so by rejecting his invitation felt more like breaking his heart. I tried to release such thoughts as I slowly sat down on the grand piano bench.

"Aunt Brie, look at this! Isn't it the most beautiful music box you have even seen?" Gustave asked as he held up the music box.

I smiled at the young boy's enthusiasm. Gustave reminded me of my cousin, Nicholas. He was a nine-year-old boy with a love of music. Nick even played the drums and appreciated all genres. Thoughts of my cousin were interrupted when Christine and Raoul's bedroom door opened. Christine sat down at the writing desk as she opened her journal. I recently learned that my sister is currently writing a book about our experiences ever since we lost our father. Raoul sat down on a chair and gazed over my contract. I winced at how stressed he was. His shirt was wrinkled, his bow tie was loose, his hair was a mess, and you could see dark circles underneath his tired eyes.