The Beauty of a Lie

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back! I know it has been forever, since my last update. Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life, starting to work at the school again, and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me.

Also, today is a special day because... IT IS MY BIRTHDAY!

Again, I want to thank my friends bored411, DreamonAlina and OtherCharacterNut for proofreading this chapter. Seriously, I do not know what I would do without your help. If you have not read their stories, I recommend you read them. They are truly amazing!

Also, please check out my Twitter page and my YouTube channel. Anyways, do not forget to favorite, follow, review, and enjoy this chapter. This is one of my favorite songs in the musical, so I hope you enjoy reading it!

Also, I do not own anything except my OCs Brie and Adam.

BRIE'S POV

"Love never dies! Love will continue! Love keeps on beating when you're gone! Love never dies once it is in you! Life may be fleeting, love lives on... Life may be fleeting, love lives on."

I opened my eyes after my voice finished the song. I felt I was on cloud nine and no one would wake me up. I looked over my shoulder to see Erik staring at me with wonder. He looked like I was an angel waking him up from a nightmare. He left the piano and walked over to me. My heart stopped when he placed his hand on my cheek and stared into my eyes.

"Brianna, my Angel of music, you have truly made my heart soar. My love, your voice... your voice is truly that of an angel's," Erik said to me.

My whole body felt like it was melting. Does my voice really sound like an angel's voice? I snapped back to reality when I realized what was going on. Do not fall for it Brieanna! Remember, you are over him. It has been two years and you need to wake up!

I looked outside the window to see that it was around noon! I gasped when I realized how long the lesson was. Oh my gosh, I have been here for about 4 hours! Christine would be worried sick.

I looked back at Erik and said, "I'm sorry but I have to go."

I rushed to the piano to collect the music sheets.

"Go? Why must you leave?"

After gathering the music sheets into my hands, I looked back at Erik and explained, "My family is probably in Phantasma right now looking all over for me. I cannot keep them wait for me."

As I was about to walk past Erik, I gasped when he suddenly grabbed my arm to stop me. I was startled that I accidently dropped the music sheets. I knelt down and quickly started to pick up the sheets. When I was about to grab the last sheet, I gasped when Erik's hand reached over and grabbed mine.

"Brieanna, you don't have to leave just yet. I haven't seen you for ten years. I need my Angel of Music."

I shook my head and took the sheet music out of his hand. As I slowly stood up, I held the sheets close to my chest as to comfort me. Yes, it was two years for me, but for Erik it was ten years. He must have been so heart broken. I wanted to stay with him, but the thought of Adam, Gustave, Raoul, and Christine searching for me came to my mind.

"I am so sorry Erik. I cannot stay. Things cannot be the way they were before, I am sorry," I said meekly.

I turned and walked to the door. I could feel my heart pound in my chest and my mind screaming at me to go back to him. Just as my hand touched the door knob, I jumped when there was a knock. I moved back when Gangle came rushing in, apologized for disturbing us and whispered something into Erik's ear. I suddenly looked curious as Erik's eyes widen and he smirked. Whatever Gangle to him made Erik's mind reeling.