Rewrite This Phantom Life

Hello, my Phantom fans, I am back!

I know I know; it's been mostly a year since I have last updated. AND NO, I AM NOT ABANDONING THIS STORY OR MY MERLIN STORY! I am sorry that I did not update soon then I wanted to. My job and life have been getting in the way. I recently directed and wrote a virtual comedy play.

Plus, I had to update my Merlin story first. I defiantly feel like I need a break from life. The stress is really getting to me.

Also, I want to thank OtherCharacterNut for helping me with this story. You guys really need to read her stories.

Again, the next chapter will take some time because of life and my next update is my "My Magical Wish" story. Please be patient with me. Sorry for any grammar mistakes.

Also, I do not own anything and the songs except my OCs Brie, Amber and Adam.

Walking up the spiral stairs felt like each step took me longer to the door. My heart was pounding inside my chest that for a moment it sounded like someone was knocking on the other side of the solid wood door. I took a deep breath to calm myself. I needed answers and to be sure that the stupid bet did not happen. No matter what.

Clearing my thoughts and throat, I turned the knob with as much determination as I could muster and stepped into the room that I remembered as though I had never left it. The place where I had my voice lessons with Erik and I sang 'Once Upon A December.' My feet walked close to the grand piano as the balcony doors opened. Erik strode forward in all his Phantom glory. He smiled as his eyes landed on mine and my heart began to uncontrollably pound again when he closed the door, gliding towards my waiting figure.

"Brianna, it's so good to see you. I hope you slept well and are ready to rehearse my song?" he said in his smoothest voice.

Trying to be firm and not fall for his tricks, I cleared my throat as I turned my back away from him. I place the songbook folder on the piano.

Without looking at him I said, "Erik, we need to talk."

"About what Brianna?"

"I'm going to ask you something and you must answer me honestly. No cheating, no lying, and no pretending you don't have an answer."

I could hear his footstep walking closer to me. I looked over my shoulder as he said, "My Angel of Music, I swear to you I will answer your question honestly."

I looked him dead in the eyes and without hesitation, I asked him, "Did you make a bet with Raoul about me last night?"

Erik's composure completely dropped, making no effort to disguise that he was taken aback by my question. "I...Well I..."

I watched his face lose all color as he struggled to answer and lowered my eyes. His wavering confirmed that the bet did happen. Just like in the musical.

"Why? What on earth would compel both you and Raoul to do something idiotic like that?"

Erik's eyes narrowed at my statement. "Now hold on, how did you know of what happened to me and that flop of a manager?"

"Ok, one, do not call him that," I said sternly. Yes, Raoul does have problems, but he is so much better than the Raoul in the 'Love Never Dies' musical. "And two, I am not from here Erik, remember? I know about the musical and I was hoping because I am here that the stupid bet wouldn't happen! What was the bet even about anyway?"

The Phantom started pacing across the floor, tension returning to his body. "Your manager and I agreed to these terms. In two days, if you sing that song I gave you, that you would stay here. But, if you do not sing, that all the debts will be paid in full."