Project GODS: Tripled

AUTHORS NOTE: Guess what? There's three thousand reads on this. I wanted to thank all of my utterly amazing fans that have kept me writing. Here's my slightly delayed new part to Project GODS. Love to you all! ~Zanintia

_______________________________________ 

     I narrowed my eyes further, into snake-like slits. "You. Knew. Exactly. What. Was. Going. To. Happen."

    "For the LAST TIME. I didn't know! Well...I mean...I had a slight idea....she said something about the chemical to me remember? But I had no idea that it would lead to psychopathic evil killers. How could anyone have predicted that? Artemis, you have to face it! There's no one to blame but Garland for what happened!"

    I didn't move from my position, or relax the tense muscles that were coiled like snakes. Staring him down, I thought about his explainations. He was right...but it wasn't easy to take all the blame away from him, especially after realizing that he did have a slight idea. He was the one that brought us all back to life anyway...we all would have died. Maybe that would have been better. Maybe it wouldn't have been.

     I am genetically engineered...the idea of a soul is questionable. I don't know what will happen to me after I die...if I'm even living...

     With that last dark thought, I sheathed my knife and straightened. "I suppose your arguments are accurate..."

     "Hot DAMN!" He replied, laughingly with a trace of sarcasm. "Glad you saw logic."

     "That doesn't mean I like you, dumbass." I replied bitingly, picking up the pomegranate and flicking a seed into my mouth.

     "Even if you don't now, you will." He said, cocky as ever. Even the face of death by psycho bitch didn't seem to faze him for longer than a minute or two. Biting words didn't stick, and bad situations were no problem right afterword. Hermes was too laid back, too unguarded. He was obviously sheltered, unaware of the real events taking place just miles away from his cozy home.

    "Now what?" He said, laying down, completely at ease.

    "What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

    "You know I'm here, and I know you're here. So now what? We go our separate ways and forget about it? Alliance? Friends?" He listed each option faster than the next, leaning closer with every word.

     "Not friends." I snapped, scooting away from him. "Alliance...maybe. You do know that I have extra baggage, right?"

      "You mean the bitchy human?" He asked, chuckling. I rolled my eyes.

       "Yeah, the bitchy human." I replied, throwing the empty pomegranate out the window. "I couldn't just leave him..."

        "Why not?" He asked, curiousity gleaming in his blue eyes.

        "What?" I asked, taken aback.

        "Why-Not?" He asked, more slowly. "Why not just leave him? You have no obligation to help him, and if anything, he slows you down. He's whiney. There is no purpose that he serves, and I doubt that he can help you with anything else. Why not just leave him?"

         There was a brief moment of silence before I answered him.

         "Why?" I repeated, a little bitterly. "Because he has as much of a right to life as you or me. He only did his job, and got unlucky. I won't be responsible for his death. Especially when I know that I could prevent it."

         This shut Hermes up, a funny expression on his face that I counted as thoughtful.

         "Interesting. A humanitarian assassin." He replied cockily, effectively ending the conversation.