Project GODS: Unfortunate

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Hey guys! I'm going to be uploading weekly (at the most) probably on saturdays, but of course, don't put me past some nice surprises. Hope you all like this part, I got a bit of a thrill from writing it. I hope it's a bit longer than usual, it sure as hell took me longer. Love to you all for reading, glad you've stuck with me! ~Zanintia

-------------------------------------

       We wanted to wait, just hold out for a while. A little longer...but it wasn't easy. I ached to leave, make an attempt to finally escape. At least I would know, know that I had tried my hardest to leave this place. Whether Hermes and Peter knew it or not, I was slowly losing it. Day by day, I could feel my sanity deteriorate, a rapid degression that I was helpless to stop. Small noises scared me. Trees held no solitude, and I no longer felt the wish to climb them. Lycan was small comfort, providing his own type of solace in a spechless, animalistic way. For that, I was thankful.

        But for the rest, I could handle it no longer.

        Peter was bored, constantly fiddling with gadgets he had salvaged from wreckages we had passed. Though I recognized this as his attempt to stay occupied, every clink of metal drove a mental nail through my brain, but I kept my irritation hidden well. Or, he just chose to ignore my frustration and continued his behavior.

         Hermes was halfway absent, floating in and out of the treehouse like a ghost. He offered no explaination, only that he was "working on some stuff." Every sideways glance he gave me was full of overwhelming awkwardness, his previous words still branded into my mind with a mental branding iron.

        Every good thing was overflowing with something bad, any good news suddenly tempered by the bad, sweet refreshments suddenly soured with vile happenings.

        Then, the day came.

        It took too long, but finally, I was strong enough to run quickly, fast enough to escape, and beyond ready to make the attempt.

        We made our trip early that morning, rising at about four in the morning.

        Peter agreed to come, and we both knew that we needed his technological know-how to help us in our mission. He would be able to reconnect the radio, and we could reach the island within minutes, and escape by the end of the next two days.

        Dew was only just beginning to form on the green leaves, what was left of the stars shining through the orbs of moisture. The deep blue was slowly lightening with every step we took, turning purple and red seemingly in time with our path.

        Perhaps we should have waited a little longer, but we had no opposition as I followed Hermes through the underbrush, Peter clinging to my back like a leech.

        Lycan had run off into the woods on his own, most likely off to get himself some dinner, or just have a bit of sport. I noticed that he was a bit hot-headed, a wolf that seemed to enjoy the thrill of the chase more than anything in the world. I noticed that he randomly seemed to run after things, not because he really wanted them, but because he wanted to have fun.

          Much like Hermes. There was a fun-loving side to both of them, a bit of a carefree attitude that seemed to hold itself out, no matter what was thrown at them. 

          Jealousy spiked then, and I missed the time I had spent matureing in the facility.

          But before I could take my thoughts any further, they were interrupted by our arrival.