Project GODS: Saved

Hey! Time for the authors note everybody hates! :D So we're over a thousand reads on this thing, and I am more excited than ever. Keep reading, because it gets ALOT more intresting (At least in my head) I promise that I'm not NEARLY finished with these people. Read, Comment, and Vote if you think it's good enough!! 

ON TO THE STORY!!               ~~Zanintia

__________________________________________________________        

             I watched her sail away, until I couldn't take it anymore. Hot, salty water clouded my vision again, and I realized that I was crying for the second time that day.

             Fear became overpowering as I remembered the footsteps that were now unbearably close. I knew that they couldn't have smelled me yet, but soon would.

             Then, the fear was replaced by something completly new. Apathy.

             I didn't care anymore. Nothing really mattered when I thought about it...It seemed that I was only postponing the inevitable. My feelings were gone, hardened into the stone of passivity. Wating for them to come and murder me seemed like an almost pleasant prospect, an easy way out. I had no idea what life waited for me after I passed on, but whatever it was had to be better than the nothing I was living.

             The footsteps came, closer and closer. I didn't move from the spot on the beach, staring out onto the water with disintrest. Everything was unimportant anyway. Dying wouldn't be so bad...it seemed almost peaceful....

             A sense of near-peace came over me, carrying me above regular feelings like an angelic wave.

            Then, something interrupted my wave of carefree acceptance.

            A twig snapped, and I looked up quickly, confused. GODS were designed NEVER to make a sound when they were in the woods, particularly if they were on their way for a kill....

           Instead of my kind bursting out of the brush, it was an animal.

           It was the very wolf I had sent away earlier that day, skidding to a stop only inches away from me, panting from the effort and watching me with the steady eyes of one who had purpose and reason. More than I could say for myself, at least.

           Then, I heard a voice. I knew that now was the time for me to make a spit second descision. Life or death, literally.

           The wolf took a step toward me, cautiously but with determination. It pushed its wet nose against my chest, bowing its head in a gesture of pleading. Before the apathy took over again, I jumped onto the back of the colossal beast, straddling it like an old cowboy in the western movies we watched on our days off.

          Without giving me a chance to think twice, the wolf took off, surprising me with the agility and speed it possesed. It ran faster than I ever could have, dodging trees with the ease of one practiced in the art of escaping. Wind rushed past, blowing my hair back and exhilirating me to the point of nearly shouting. All apathy and depression forgotten, I relished the feeling of speed, absolute power and complete joy from the depths of stone.

           Then, all too soon, it was over.

           I looked up, and we were back at the treehouse. I could hear someone whistling inside it, and for the first time since I had left I remembered the Scientist, the whiny, ignorant, stupid scientist. The joy leaked out of my and I hopped off the animal, turning towards it. I was stupid if I thought it wasn't intellegent now, as it had obviously been smarter than I had been.