Project GODS: Uncertain

Authors NOTE: Sorry for the delay, my computer was virtually unavailable to me for the past few days so I wasn't able to really get going on the part until today, but I've got it now for all of you and your reading enjoyment! Please tell me what you think, though this part might be a little tiny bit slow. Love to all of you guys for still reading! I hope you guys like it, even if it is a little tiny bit slow. ~Zanintia

_________________

      I didn't know how long we stayed in that tree, his arms wrapped around me like I would disappear if he let me go. 

       My emotions were a wild tempest, rocking back and forth to complete contentment to uncertain fear in only seconds. 

       His face was unreadable, a mask of concrete nothingness. I could honestly say that I had never been more afraid to hear someone speak, as there was so much left unsaid. 

      It was again, a strange silence that none could ever describe, not as much awkward as uncertain. It seemed that I couldn't find words, and neither could he. 

      Words are fickle friends. At times, they are on your side, helping you get your point across to the other individual and weaving a sure conversation. But then again, they can abandon you, or become lost in the sea of emotions and thoughts that remain inside of us. 

       Eventually I rose, detaching his arms from around me. I could feel his frustration though he said nothing, but I stood anyway. Ignoring the look of loss he gave me, I stretched with a sigh, and then turned to meet his eyes. 

      "We should get back."

      With a nod, he stood as well, looking at me from the corner of his eye. I could see his hesitation, leaning toward me, and then leaning away. His hand brushing mine, and then pulling away, petrified of skin contact. 

       I couldn't blame him, as I felt the same way. The tenacious bond between us was now strained with the weight of something bigger than friendship, something that threatened either to fortify or destroy the thread that bound our hearts together. 

      Our footsteps were quiet on the forest floor, the moon and the stars signifying the extended amount of time we had spent lying in the branches of that tree. 

      On our way, it began to rain lightly, dancing on my brow and trickling in small diamonds off the leaves, making its way towards the ground and gravity. 

      The patter of rain on leaves filled my ears as we crawled into the treehouse, the building doing little to mute the concerto of precipitation just outside the plywood walls. 

      The smell of wet wood on rain permeated my nostrils, and I called Peter's name tentatively. 

     "Peter?"

     There was no answer. 

     "Peter?" I called, louder this time. 

     There was still no answer. 

     "Peter!" I yelled, an edge of panic taking over my emotions. 

     "Just trying to sleep," He growled, sitting up from the corner of the treehouse behind me. 

     "Oh..." I responded, biting my lip nervously. 

     "Yeah, I kinda want it quiet." 

    "Okay..."

    "Yeah." 

    He turned over then, facing the wall with the idea that I would consider him to be asleep. However, the unrelaxed breathing I could hear easily gave away the fact that he was perfectly concious, and nervous to be anywhere near me.