Chapter Ten

Spencer took in a deep breath as he walked down the long driveway to the address that Garcia had text him, maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. It wasn't particularly late, just gone 8pm but it was so dark outside, which was putting him on edge even more. He nervously knocked on the door and waited, he was almost about to leave when the door opened and he saw Maddie's bright green eyes staring at him. Only, they didn't belong to Maddie.

"Hey, Spencer. Come in, Garcia told me not to say anything to Maddie about you coming," Kit explained. It really was crazy how alike he and Maddie actually were, they had the same smile, the same eyes and the same blonde curly hair.

"Thank you." Spencer stepped into the house, smiling gratefully at Maddie's brother. "I'm sorry about your dad, are you sure it's okay that I'm here?"

"Yeah, of course. Maddie's too stubborn to ever admit it but I know she wants you here, she deserves a bit of happiness for once in her life."

"Thank you for your help on the case, by the way. You were right with everything you said," Spencer smiled, following Kit down a long corridor with walls covered in baby pictures of Maddie and her brothers. He could hear laughter and soft piano music coming from one of the rooms.

"You're welcome, I enjoyed it. Maybe I've got a future career with the FBI, who knows." Kit was grinning, knowing full well how much it would irritate Maddie for them to work together.

Spencer stood in the doorway to the room, frozen as he spotted Maddie sat at the piano, playing with her dad. He didn't even know she could play and yet there she was, playing the most beautiful piece of music he had ever heard.

"Who is at the door, Kit?" The dark haired woman asked with a thick accent, turning to look at Spencer, as Kit walked in the room. He knew from pictures that Maddie had showed him that she was their mom.

"Mum, Dad, I'd like you to meet Dr Spencer Reid," Kit replied, a cocky grin making it way across his face. The music came to a halt as Maddie's head snapped around to look at him. She blinked at him slowly before leaping across the room into his arms.

~ MADDIE ~

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?" I cried, wrapping my arms around Spencer's neck. He was here. In England. In my parent's house. He chuckled as I squeezed him tighter, breathing in his comforting smell. When I finally found the strength to let go of him, his face was glowing with the brightest smile I had ever seen.

"So, you're Spencer?" My mum said walking over to where we were stood, "Madeline's told us so much about you."

"It's nice to finally meet you, Mrs Parker," he grinned at her. I could tell he was trying to make a good impression, it was kinda cute.

"Please, call me Martha." She pulled him in for a hug which he politely - but awkwardly - returned. "Welcome to our family."

"Thank you for coming." My dad held out a hand for Spencer, which which I was surprised to see him shake. "You can call me Phil, and this is George but he's being a little shit at the minute so good luck getting anything out of him. Put your bags in Mad's room, you're welcome to stay for as long as you like, although I should warn you it's an absolute mad house here."

"Oh no, that's okay. I'll stay in a hotel, I really don't want to intrude or impose on you." I could see the nerves flash across Spencers as he glanced at me for help but I was enjoying watching him squirm too much to step in.

"Nonsense, you're staying here Spencer." My dad waved a hand in dismissal at him. "Dinner will be ready in about 30 minutes or so, you're not vegetarian are you? Martha's made kleftiko."