Chapter Eleven

"I really don't want to do this," I sighed. "I don't like playing in front of people." I was sat on the stool in front of the Grand Piano that was in the living room, sulking with my arms folded across my chest. Spencer was tapping his fingers on top of it, getting impatient as he waited for me to play. My mum had thankfully dragged both of the boys with her to my dad's appointment so we were alone in the house.

"Stop whining and get on with it," he smirked at me.

"So bossy today, Dr Reid," I murmured, ignoring the butterflies in my stomach. I stared up at him, bashing one of my fingers on each key as I played a terrible version of twinkle, twinkle, little star. He clenched his jaw, holding back his laughter as he raised his eyebrows at me. "I never said I would play well." I shrugged, laughing at his reaction.

"Dr Parker, if you don't start playing that piano to the best of your ability in the next 10 seconds, I will be on the next flight home," he promised, smirking at me.

"No, you won't."

"Try me," he was grinning at me.

"I've got my handcuffs with me, don't think for a second that I won't use them if you try to leave any earlier than you promised," I grinned right back at him, "you're not going anywhere until I say you are."

"I can think of a far better use for those handcuffs," he mumbled, leaning down to kiss me. As I opened my mouth to deepen the kiss he pulled away, gesturing to the piano. "Play."

"Fine." I sighed, cracking my knuckles before resting my fingers on the keys lightly.

Taking a deep breath I began playing. The beginning was slow, an Adagio piece in F sharp major-minor and I could feel myself slowly falling, getting lost in the music despite its intense anxiety and sadness. I thought back to when my dad and I wrote it together, almost 10 years ago now, and how I would never get those years back. I swallowed the lump in my throat, bringing up the tempo as it shifted into the second half of the piece, I didn't even have to look as my fingers danced over the keys, playing this was like second nature. The music turned softer, coming to a quiet end.

When I finally finished playing, I slowly opened my eyes. I glanced towards Spencer, completely forgetting that he was even there and started fidgeting uncomfortably in my chair under his intense stare.

"Don't tell me I've left the Dr Reid speechless," I breathed.

"Did you write that?" His voice was barely a whisper. I just nodded, not trusting my voice enough to speak. "I- I am speechless," he laughed softly. "I can't think of a single word that would do justice to just how phenomenal you are."

"You're such a soft bastard, I'm never doing that again so don't even bother asking." 

"I have an eidetic memory, I can replay that in my head any time I want." I rolled my eyes at him, turning away to hide the blush that was heating my face but he gripped my face tight, forcing me to look at him. He opened his mouth to say something but obviously decided against it as he pressed his mouth to mine instead, kissing me desperately. I slid my hands down his chest, moaning into his mouth as I linked my fingers through his trouser loops, pulling him closer to me. His hands moved to my hair, tugging on it so I leant my head back as he left a trail of sloppy kisses down my neck.

"Does it make me a horrible person for only being able to think about how badly I want you to fuck me right now, all things considered," I laughed breathlessly. It was true but if I didn't laugh about it I would only start crying.

"If it does, then I'm a horrible person too," he muttered back, his teeth nipping at my collar bone. "Maybe we should wait, until we're both a bit more emotionally stable." Though he said the words, his actions didn't suggest he meant it.