Chapter Four

"Spencer," I said in a sing song voice, pushing myself over to his desk, "I'm bored." I pouted at him, resting my elbows on his desk, my hands holding the weight of my head. It had been a week since the meal at Rossi's, my face was almost completely healed, I just had some slight bruising left around my eye. Spencer had been giving me lifts to and from work ever since, I still hadn't managed to sort out my car situation, but he didn't seem to mind. I kinda liked having a reason to spend even more time with him.

"You have work to do," he replied pointing to my desk without even looking up at me.

"I've finished it," I whined. That made him look up.

"Maddie, I can read 20,000 words per minute and I'm just over half way through mine, there is no way you are finished." He scrunched his nose up, a little twitch I'd noticed he does a lot when he's anxious.

"Show off," I muttered, sticking my tongue out at him. "But yes I am. I guess it's just because I'm smarter than you and better at this job than you."

"I highly doubt that. Grow up and do your work," he ordered me. I would've thought he was mad at me if I couldn't see that small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. He was wearing a really cute cardigan over his shirt and tie today, his usual odd socks peaking out the top of his converse. He seemed to get more and more gorgeous ever day.

"Someone's in a bad mood." I folded my arms across my chest and turned back to my own desk. My phone buzzed and I pulled it out to see I had two more texts from my mum. I'd been ignoring her since I got to America, I couldn't deal with her constant pestering and fussing. Rolling my eyes, I returned my phone to my pocket and started on the paperwork that I'd lied about being finished.

The phone on my desk started ringing loudly, causing me to jump. I frowned at it, I didn't even realise I had a phone on my desk.

"I think you're supposed to answer your phone when it rings," Spencer mocked, clearly irritated that I wasn't answering it. I glared at him, sticking my middle finger up in his direction.

"Hello?" I answered, picking up the receiver.

"Me dulévis? This is what it takes for me to be able to get into contact with my daughter? I have to ring your work phone!" My mums voice screamed down. I winced at her volume, letting out an audible groan. 

"How the hell did you get this number? I didn't even know this phone existed until 2 seconds ago!" I exasperated, letting out an audible groan.

"Your brother received a lovely call from one of your colleagues the other day and she passed your number on," she explained, clearly completely unbothered that she was interrupting me at work. "So, ti kánete? How's America? How's your work? Are the people being nice to you, I do hope you're not showing off or causing any trouble Maddie, I know what you're like."

"Mum, I'm at work right now so I can't really talk. I'll ring you later, okay?" I said through gritted teeth, my patience was already wearing thin. 

"You better Maddie, or I will keep ringing this phone. I've have had two texts from you since you got there, that is not enough to know you're okay. We all worry about you, Kit is very upset and I know Georgios misses you lots! When are you coming home to visit?"

"Yeah, I bet Kit is an absolute wreck about me leaving, we all know how great he is at showing his emotions, right?" I ran a hand over my face. I was not in the mood for this at all.

"Sarcasm, young lady, prósehe pós milás! We just miss you!"

"Alright, mum, I get it, I'm sorry! I miss you too, talk to you later." I didn't give her chance to reply before slamming the receiver back down and hanging up on her. What the fuck.