[𝟒]

So in that moment of looking at the gifts she bought, the Goddess of Mischief, Lies, and Thunder had realized that during her trip to Midgard she had fallen in love with Steve Rogers.  

———

PRESENT DAY

———

AS Arselia reminisces in the time where she seemed so free and so loved, she feels a pang of sadness in her chest. Not of her own, but of her soul bond's. The sadness continues to build up and she can feel every ounce of Loki's emotions fill her being. She breathes heavily while sitting on her bed, and feels tears prick her eyes. Concerned about Loki's well being and where abouts, the goddess decides to leave her quarters and search the palace for where her pained brother could be. 

The raven haired goddess makes her way through the palace locating Loki's Seidr. The energy from his magic was located within his quarters, so the warrior headed that way. When she made it to his doors, she went to open them, but they were sealed with magic. "Loki, please open up." Arselia says with worry evident in her tone. "Go away, Arselia." She can here the sadness in his words and can tell he's been crying with how hoarse his voice sounds. "Please don't shut me out, talk to me." In that moment the god needed comfort, he needed someone by his side, he needed her. He let down the magic seal with enough time for Arselia to come in. When she walked through his living quarters, she made it to his main bedroom where he stood looking at himself in front of a mirror. 

She walked up behind him and put her hand on his shoulder. Even with him knowing she was there and seeing her in the reflection, he still managed to flinch at the contact. Arselia furrowed her eyebrows. "Talk to me." She says softly. "I'm afraid if I do, you'll turn against me." She made Loki turn to face her and put her hands on either side of his face. She gently wiped the tears the kept on falling from his eyes and kissed his forehead. "I would never turn against you." The god takes Arselia's hands off his face as his skin slowly turns blue. The goddess lets out a small gasp as her eyes widen. The gears in the blue and green eyed goddess's mind are practically shifting. Loki looks at her pained, a similar look to the one he gave her when the Jotun touched him and his skin simply turned blue instead of burning. "You're a Jotun." She whispers. The frost giant looks down in shame and turns back to face the mirror. "Now you see me, sister. The monster I am. I won't judge you for turning against me, if that's what you please." Arselia shook her head in disbelief. "B-but your Odin's son, you're Frigga's son." 

The god's jaw clenches along with his fists. His red eyes seem to turn ever redder at the mere mention of his supposed father. "No, not Odin's son. Laufey's son. Odin took me from Jotunheim as a child. A stolen relic that would be used to make peace between the two realms." The mischievous goddess's eyes widen even more and mutters under her breath "Laufey's son." "Yes, Laufey's son. The son of a monster. Look at me, dear soul bond, do you see a monster?" A tear roles down Arselia's cheek and she puts a protective shield over her hands so that she can grab Loki's face without getting burnt. Loki once again flinches at the contact and goes to move away, but then sees the protective magic on his soul bond's hand. "You, Loki, could never be a monster. Misunderstood, yes. But a monster? Never."