[𝟏]

𝗖𝗛𝗘𝗘𝗥𝗦 can be heard all around Asgard that day. Families celebrating the the coronation of a new king. The new king that just so happens to be one of the Goddess of Mischief, Lies, and Thunder's best friends. Thor Odinson. The blonde haired and blue eyed oaf of a god was meant to take the throne and rule Asgard and all of the Nine Realms. Arselia couldn't be happier for her friend, as she knew he has been wanting this since they were children, but the raven haired goddess couldn't help but feel as if he isn't ready. Thor was too self-absorbed at times and arrogant. He would constantly make impulsive decisions when out on the battlefield and it always came down to Loki or herself to save them. 

Loki.

The God who is one with Arselia's soul. Intertwined souls until death decided that she would take one of them. The pair were inseparable. Constantly pulling pranks on Thor, Lady Sif, and the Warriors Three. They trained in the field of magic together as it was both of their strong suits, though Arselia was also trained along side Lady Sif to be women warriors. With both the training of magic and combat, Arselia was a combination of Thor and Loki. She possessed both of the brother's powers from a very young age, and is even worthy enough to wield mjölnir. As much as she loves both brothers dearly, even to the point where she sees them as her own siblings, her and Loki have a much stronger connection. She watched as Loki grew up and matured a lot quicker than Thor. The dagger using god tended to make better decisions in life and wars, unlike his hammer wielding brother. Loki always seemed to be thinking clearly, and for this reason, Arselia felt as if her soul bond should be the king instead of his brother. 

Unfortunately, the All-father didn't think the same, and deemed Thor the next king. So there the dark haired, soul bonded pair stood within the shadows of an orange themed hallway, in their green armor, awaiting Thor's presence right before the coronation. Arselia stands to the left of Loki as a comforting silence fills the area. Though Loki has a happy facade on, she can sense the sadness within him and possible guilt. "Are you sure you are ok with the coronation today, Loki?" Loki looks at her for a moment, then draws his eyes to the ground. He goes to speak, but Arselia cuts him off. "It would not be wise to lie to me either, dear soul bond. I tend to see right through them." Loki's face contorts into his infamous smirk and he looks at Arselia with his piercing blue eyes. "Oh really? I could have sworn I was able to lie to you about who took your daggers multiple times as children. I always blamed it on Thor and you always fell for it." "Loki." Arselia says sternly. She recognizes what the mischievous god was doing. He hated confrontation when it came to his feelings, so he always tried to divert it and change the subject. She couldn't blame him for doing that though, as she was one to do the same. 

"Fine, fine you've got me." He says as he raises his hands in mock defeat. "He's not ready yet, Lia. You know and I both know this, but he is still becoming king. He will bring Asgard and the Nine Realms to ruins with his impulsive behavior." Arselia looks to her friend with sympathy evident on her face. "We have to believe that he will do what is right for the people and the realms, Lo. If we do not at least have a small bit of faith in him, the people will lose faith in him as well." Arselia sighs as her shoulders drop. "I know how you wish to be his equal, and in my eyes you are, but Odin has chosen him to be king. Do not be discouraged, for I know that you would make an excellent ruler, my friend." Loki looks to Arselia with hope in his eyes and a grateful smile on his face. "Thank you." "No need to thank me, as your soul bond it is my job to uplift your spirits. Now chin up, my prince. For the sun will shine brightly upon you, and your days of glory are soon to come."