27. Help Me!

A/N: Hey guys, so I've decided to do the sequel after all it's going to be called If I Can't Have You, it's based mainly off of Ayla's life with little scenes here and there about her siblings. So without further ado, let's get into the last and final chapter of Love Is Blind 🥺.
||                                                                                       ||
____________________________________
| 𝒜𝓎𝓁𝒶 𝑀𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓉 |
𝟥 𝓎𝑒𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓇..

"I'm so proud of you baby girl, your mother and sister would be so proud of you." My dad pulled me into a tight hug.

"Aw thanks daddy. I know they would." I smiled trying not to get too emotional. As you guys know, my twin sister Alivia died when we were 4 years old.

My mother, Katori, died in a car accident last year, it's been hard on all of us especially on my dad because not only did he loose his wife, he lost his unborn child—my mother was ten weeks pregnant—the day of the car accident she was coming from a doctors appointment to tell us the big news but never got the chance too.

"I'm so proud of you Lala, I'm going to miss my big sister." Siaani cried.

"Don't cry Nini, I'll be back back home for the holidays, birthdays etc. I'm gonna miss you too pooh. Bring it in." I pulled her into a hug.

"Congratulations Yaya." Josiah said hugging me too, I hugged him back. I picked up Kamal and he kissed my cheek. He was only five years old and had PTSD and Acute Trauma from the car accident.

He was in the car with my mother.

After the ceremony ended,me and my family went out to eat. My dad had planned a big family dinner with our friends and family.

"Congratulations Ayla, I'm so proud of you baby." My grandmother, Danielle, smiled kissing my cheek.

"Thanks Nana. I appreciate it." I smiled.

I took my seat at the long table and so did the rest of my family. The waitress came over to our table and took everyone's drink order than walked away.

A few minutes later, she came back to take our food order then went back to the kitchen. "Everyone, I would like to make a toast; To my oldest child, Ayla, I love you more than anything in this world when your mother had you and Alivia, that was the happiest day of my life. It made me want to become a better man and father. Watching you grow up to become the amazing woman that you are today I couldn't be more more proud of you, you've been through so much it amazed me seeing how strong you were when at times I couldn't be. Congratulations on getting into one of the top universities/HBCU in Maryland, Morgan State University, To Ayla, cheers!" My dad said getting a bit emotional.

"To Ayla!!" Everyone said at the same time.

"Thanks pops, I appreciate you and ma for raising me to become the woman that I am today. I love you." I got up from my seat and hugged and kissed him. I sat back down in my seat and the waitress came back out with everyone's food.

We ate, laughed, and joked around. Everyone enjoyed the dinner including myself. "Hey, Dad. Tiara, is outside waiting for me." I informed.

"Okay, have fun, but not too much fun. Be home before 2. I love you." I nodded hugging everyone and saying goodbye before leaving out of the restaurant.

I walked outside seeing my ride or die since day1, Tiara's white Mercedes that her mother brought her for grad. "You ready to blow this popsicle stand or what?!" Tiara said getting hyped.

"HELL YEAH!" I said matching her same energy.

Tiara sped off down the street. Tonight was the post graduation party that one of our friends were throwing before the start of college. It was 5 o'clock and the party didn't start until 7-8, but since me and Titi had to help set up we had to be there extra early.