4. Date

Parental figure! Natasha
Daughter! reader

Prompt: Nat doesn't really like the reader but, the reader has a date and Nat was the only person in the tower that would be able to help

Warnings: none 👁👁, I wrote this while I was so tired and loopy soo-

Word count: 987
——————————————-
Y/N's POV:
I went home from school today extremely giddy with excitement. Why? Well maybe because Peter Parker, my long-time best friend (and crush) had just asked me out on a date tonight. As I opened the door to the compound I ran to my room t put down my bag so I could change and go find Wanda. Wanda's the person I'm closest with between the whole "gang". She's young. So naturally, we already have a better connection. She's like a sister to me.

As I was looking around I realized that Wanda isn't home today, she went out with Vision. I needed help with my outfit and other stuff and I wanted to tell someone so I called her. I ran to my room and take out my phone then dialed her number. "Hey Y/N what's up?" I heard when the phone ring stopped. "Wanda! you won't believe what happened at school today" I exclaimed, "You sound excited, what happened?" She asked. "Peter asked me out!!" I probably sounded way too excited. "WHAT?! You better not be kidding, what are you gonna wear? How are you gonna style your hair? Holly shit I really took the wrong day to go out didn't I?" I laughed and answered with "Look I have no idea what to wear and I really need some help so what the hell am I gonna do?" I asked. "Y/N I really wish I could help but it would be frustrating to try and pick your outfit through calls, so maybe you could ask Nat" Wanda suggested. "You're joking? right? She barely even talks to me. Bold of you to assume she'd want to help." I said. "Cmon Y/N at least by doing this you guys would try and get along, besides you wouldn't want Tony or Steve would help right?" She said. "Fine, I'll give it a try. Thanks, Wanda I'm gonna go see you" I said. "See ya' and tell me everything" And with that, I hung up.

I put my phone on my bedside table and called out to FRIDAY "FRIDAY where's Agent Romanoff?". "Agent Romanoff is currently in the living room" FRIDAY replied. "Thank you". I got out of my room and began walking to the living room. And as the AI had told me Natasha is currently sitting in the living room. I walked towards her and before I had she noticed a presence (like the spy she is) and turned her head. "Hi" I said. She responded with a hi back. "Uhm, I need your help." I said, she seemed confused since we barely even interact but went along. "What's the issue?". "I have a date and Wanda isn't around right now and I really need help with my outfit- if you're not busy of course." I said. To my surprise, she responded with "Sure, let's go". So we started walking to my room. I went to my closet and told her "Here's what we can work with" I said. "Ok, where are you gonna go for this date?" she asked. "We're probably just gonna walk around and get some food" I said. It was awkward, but at least I got some help. She rummaged through my closet and handed me an outfit. "Try those on" she said. I entered my bathroom to go and change. I exited the bathroom and walked to my body mirror. It looked good and was totally a fit outfit for a casual date. "This is nice." I said. She nodded in agreement. it was silent as I looked at the mirror. "Should we do your hair?" she asked. I responded with a yes.

I sat down in front of my vanity mirror as Natasha brushed my hair. It was quite, not the good kind. It was very very awkward. I decided to break the silence with "Why do you hate me?" She looked taken aback by the question and froze before sighing and continuing to brush my hair.

"i don't hate you" she said. "But why do you keep avoiding me?" I asked. "Well, when i was little i didn't have such a great childhood and seeing children now— especially you. I'm afraid i'll do the same mistake the bad people did." She answered.

I wasn't expecting that answer. considering how she worded that, it must've been horrible for her as a child. The room was silent again but this time it wasn't awkward. It was actually quite nice.

Me and Natasha actually soon got along well after i had assured her she wouldn't do bad things to me. We had a few good topics of conversation. Mostly things about ourselves. We chuckled here and there. I was having a good time.

After a while we finished and i had put my outfit on. "You look beautiful Y/n" she said. I smiled at her compliment and walked to the mirror. She chose a great outfit. Maybe i'll talk to her again if i have another date i thought.

She walked me to the door and asked "Is he gonna pick you up or are you gonna walk?"

"I'm going to walk there" I replied. She nodded and told me to be careful. I took deep breaths as i was a little nervous, she took notice of this and assured me that nothing bad will happen. So i left the tower to go.

After that day me and Nat started to get a long very well. I saw her as my mother figure, it was nice. I could have another girl to talk to other than Wanda.

A/N
HEYYY sorry this is a mess! i wrote this in multiple different days ehshejhd. ALSO TYSM FOR 300 READS FJEJDJE LUV YALL 😁🙏✨✨ ALSO i'm working on a request so look out for that hee hee