8. The sweet escape

song: The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani
Warnings: none, fluff (RARE !!)
Word count: 364
Notes: I'm back.... and I watched black widow. I might write something related to the movie but I'm still torn so enjoy this. And uh... damn, I kinda hate this *scratches head* OH, and also i have an angst chapter coming probably tomorrow.

--------------------------------

You always cherished off days with Nat, waking up next to her, watching movies till 4 am, the hugs, baking, etc.

Currently, It was 7 am and you were laying on your back on the shared bed, waiting for her to get ready for the day. The music bounced off the walls as you played your playlist on speakers. You mouthed the words to the song until it eventually ended. The beat of the next song played and you perked up, rolling over to lay down on your stomach. This was your favorite song at the moment And after playing every day on a loop, Nat got hooked as well.

If I could escape
I would, but first of all, let me say

The bathroom door was slightly ajar and you saw Nat brushing her teeth. You smiled, looking at her a bit longer to admire what she looked like in the morning.

I must apologize for acting, stinking, treating you this way

As the beat began to speed you took a deep breath, before singing along to Gwen Stefani's quick words.

'Cause I've been acting like sour milk all on the floor
It's your fault you didn't shut the refrigerator
Maybe that's the reason I've been acting so cold

Nat craned her neck to look at you, raising an eyebrow before smirking and continuing with her routine.

'If i could escape!'

'escape' Nat joined in on the back, whispering the lyrics.

'And recreate a place as my own world' You continued

'Own world' She whispered in, once again.

'And I could be your favorite girl
Forever, perfectly together' Still following the lyrics as you watched her finishing and walking towards you.

'And tell me, boy, now wouldn't that be sweet?'

'Sweet escape' She whispered in the last words.

You both started to giggle, realizing the odd grip that song had on you both at the moment.

"I see you're still caught up on that song"

''Hey! You sang along too"

She breathed out a laugh and flopped onto the bed

"You're adorable"

The rest of the day was filled with you both singing along to more songs and just enjoying each other's presence.