2. All for you

Prompt: Nat doesn't have good experiences in relationships. So she thinks the one with you would just pass which leads to her doing the bare minimum in the relationship even when you do everything you can for her.

Warnings: angst

Word count: 1135

——————————————————-

Nat had always had bad relationships. So when you and Nat were together she didn't even bother doing things for you and she gives no time for you. You of course were completely different. You're nice, caring, soft. To put it easily very easily liked. You always did everything for her. Even the little things like bringing her water while she trains or asking her if she had eaten that day. You sometimes take yourself at risk of things just for her, like the times she goes on missions. You always come up with some dumb excuse for your boss so that you would be home and check if Nat was okay. Of course, she never took notice or appreciated that. So here you are sitting on your couch thinking about what the hell is going on in this relationship?. Seeing the relationship in this point of view might get you asking "How did they end up with each other anyway?" well maybe some backstory would help?

~ 2 years ago ~

You worked in a small cafe. It was small but very cozy, and you loved it. It had this little bookshelf where customers can take a book and lounge drinking their beverages while reading and a fireplace to stay warm from the cold weather in the area. One day you were working and looked up due to the jingle of the door to see a new customer, well, of course, you would have new customers but that was rare because of the less known area so when you do get new customers you try your best to have amazing customer service. She walked up to the counter and you say the drill "Hi!, welcome to the cafe, I see you're a new customer so feel free to take as long as you like to pick what to get." Oh, and of course you wouldn't forget the grin. "Oh thank you but I already know what to get, a black coffee to dine in should be fine" she responded. "Alright, a black coffee, your order should be ready in a few. There's a shelf full of books and a lovely fireplace if you wanna get cozy" you said. She nodded a thank you and walked away to find a seat. Since you were the only person working here at the hour you prepared her drink and approached her table, where you saw her reading a book already. "Here is your black coffee, if you'll need anything I'll be just where I was." You said as you gave her the coffee. She took the coffee and you walked away. After a couple of hours, she left and bid goodbye. Your shift soon ended and you went home.

The next day you were at work and looked up to see the customer from yesterday, you were glad to make a good enough impression for her to come back again. She ordered the same thing, took a book, and started reading. Just like yesterday. Soon enough she came back almost every day and you two became good friends you learned her name it was Natasha, she would bring in her friends now and then and that would go well cause they would like you. Then you two would hang out after your work hours and one day she asked you out. You said yes because you kind of had a little crush on her. As dates became more often you two decided to put labels on it as an official couple.

~ present ~

So, that's what started this whole thing. And of course, as mentioned it isn't as good as hoped. So while you were sitting there on your couch you started crying the whole relationship was going incredibly horrible. So as hard as it could've been, you decided to break it up between you and her. As you waited for her to come home you were contemplating the choice. Maybe she'll change? no that's such a red flag for toxic relationships. You sighed and just decided you couldn't do it anymore. You would do anything for her. I mean you love her why wouldn't you? You kept thinking and thinking and started to space out. You brought back to reality by a door opening. You immediately knew it was Nat, so you got up and walked towards her. "Hey, Nat I think we need to talk." You said in a serious tone. "I'm really really tired. Could we do this tomorrow?" She asked. "No, we really need to do this now." You said. She sighed and just walked to the couch. You sat down too and just sat in silence for a while. You took a deep breath and just started "I think we should break up.". "What? why?" She said in shock. You would've taken her back right then and there from the shock in her voice but you just couldn't take this anymore. "Do you really now know? Well, let's start off with the fact I do everything for you, all for you. Everything I do. I take day offs every time you're at missions. I make sure you're okay every day. I pick you up in the middle of shifts if you want to go somewhere when you don't have anyone to take you. And what do you to repay me? Less to nothing. You don't  even notice the thing I do for you... do you?" You explained. "Look Y/N- I can change I would stay home for you? Ask someone else if you're busy? Please just don't" She tried to reason. "Nat- please we both know that's what everyone says in a relationship and it never works out in the end. I love you Nat, and you don't seem to feel the same. Even if you do, you don't ever show it. And i just can't do this anymore." you sighed and it came out shaky. "So, i'll start packing and i'll be out tomorrow morning. Please don't come find me. I'll sleep on the couch for tonight" You said. With that Nat froze and she seemed to be comprehending the whole thing. At the end she just said "If it's what you want. Then ok". You almost felt hurt by this. You just said those words which in some way showed you still care for her and she didn't even seem a little bit upset? You just put it in the back of your thoughts as she walked away and you just went a long with her to start packing.

~ The end ~