Chapter 10: Suspended

Belle was sitting on the park when she heard her name being called on the guidance office.

"Knock, knock. It's Belle, sir." Belle called from outside.

"Come in," he called from inside.

She went inside and sat on the chair. "What is it, sir?"

"There was rumors..."

"Yeah?" she urged him to continue.

"That you weren't at your room last night." he said.

She stared at him.

"Don't you have anything to say about this?" he asked.

She shrugged casually.

"Were you at your room last night?" 

"No." Belle said.

"Where were you and who were you with?" he inquired.

She's innocent but she's not oblivious that if she said that she was with Matt, he'll get busted. "I was on the Fire Exit...alone."

"Fire Exit?" he asked a little doubtful.

"Yeah, I slept there the whole time because...I want to go somewhere quiet." she lied casually.

"But the dorm keeper saw you early in the morning walking out of the boy's floor. Belle, you're a smart girl so..." he said. "Who were you with the whole night?"

Busted. "Like I said, I wasn't with anyone." she lied again.

He sighed. "Who are you protecting, Belle?"

She smiled icily. "None of your business, sir." she emphasized the word sir.

He stared at him with a little shocked expression and sighed. "You're suspended for a week and we will find out who that guy is."

"A week?" she asked.

"Yeah, a week. Go back home and return after a week." he said. "Now off you go, young girl. And do fix your attitude. It's becoming worse."

"Whatever," Belle muttered then went out of the office going into her room and packing some clothes and her gadgets. She changed into a tank top with blue jacket and maong pants. She wore her sneakers and tied her hair up. She put her eyeglasses and went out of her room facing Matt.