Chapter 18: Now

This is now Belle's life as a model. And thank you for liking and expressing your opinions.

Belle parked her Porsche outside their house. She went inside and called her mother. "Mom?"

"Hey sweetie," her mom called from the kitchen. "Come here and eat. I know you're hungry."

She dropped her side bag on the sofa and went on the kitchen facing the feast in front of her. She frowned at her mom, "Mom, do you think I can eat all this? I'm eating just a few. You know I have a shoot tomorrow and I can't be a bloated girl on the swimsuit."

Her mom waved her off. "You're not the only one eating. Your dad's colleagues are coming along with their sons and daughters. It's gonna be a party," she smiled at her. "And I expect you on your best behaviors."

"Mom," she went to her mother and hugged her. She kissed her cheek. "When did I become harsh to visitors?"

"Hmmm...let me think," Lydia grinned. "Since you got heartbroken with that Matt guy from high school."

Her eyes changed from hurt and then turned back to normal. "Don't mention him in front of the table. The food will be spoiled. Anyway, I'm over him." she sat on one of the chairs and started devouring a piece of chicken. She mumbled half-chewing the food. "When are those guests coming?"

"About an hour now..." her mother trailed.

"Why are they even so special that you've to cook this many?" she frowned and was about to get rice and shook herself away. "No rice,"

"They're from different countries. You know your dad, travels mostly every time." she said.

That's why you divorced him and get on with that bastard. Not to be cruel but I'm glad he's dead. He's a jerk and he endangered your life. He drove like those madman and even if you plead he wasn't stopping. I'm glad he died, she thought but didn't said anything. Her mother would be angry when she hears what she said. "They might speak different languages so I'm not expected to socialize that much, right?"

Her mom laughed. "They're all speaking in English so you are certainly expected to socialize and I heard some of them studied at the same school as yours..." she trailed.

"Not-" she started but her mom cut her off.

"No Matt has been said." Lydia assured. "Why can't you just go to him and tell him you love him so this will be over."

"As if that's that easy." Belle frowned. "He's not at this country. Maybe somewhere along with his wife and I'm not supposed to say I love him 'cause I don't now." she frowned again as she felt the lies she just said. "I swear I'm not lying," she convinced herself.

"I didn't said anything," her mother said and came back to her cooking. "Now go and change. Make yourself presentable or maybe rest a little since you're always presentable." her mom winked at her. She laughed and went to her room. She soaked on the tub and thought about what happened between her and Matt. Nothing really happened. A few kisses and all but they weren't really officially together at the eyes of the others...