Chapter 24: Quit

Belle sat on her bed, clearly not remembering anything that happens the past few days. She stare into her wall and ran her fingers on her hair. She looked at her cellphone and saw five messages. Two from Jack, one from her mother, two from her father. She toss her cellphone and remembered the last thing she saw is...Matt. "That was a dream, I think. He can't be here and...take care of me, right?"

She shook her head and stood up. She went to the bathroom and changed clothes. She went down and stopped in front of the sofa seeing a man sleeping there. "Whoa! Matt?" she pinched herself to prove she's not dreaming and she proved she's not because it hurts. 

Belle walked towards him and looked at the clock, it indicates six in the morning. "How long have you been here, idiot? Don't tell me you took care of me?" She sighed and went upstairs grabbing a blanket and putting it on him. She shook her head as she stare at him. "You shouldn't do this." she whispered. "You shouldn't care about me or else...I can't forget about you." She touched his lips with her finger and stood up. She shook her head and prepared breakfast. She have work today.

---------

Matt remembered seeing Belle walking pass him in a blue dress. He sat up from the sofa and smelled something good. Food? Who cooked? He noticed the blanket draping above him. Who put this on me? Belle? He looked around and called, "Belle?" No one answered. He stood up and went to her room and she was gone. "Where is that girl?" His phone ring. "Nathan?"

"Belle's on work again." He said.

"Ah...so she's back. She didn't even wake me up. Just left me here." he frowned and went down towards the kitchen. There was breakfast for him there and a note. Thanks, "At least she left me a note and cook me breakfast."

"She did?" Nathan exclaimed. "Let me have one. Is that hot dog, egg or bacon?"

"Shut up," Matt laughed. "I'm not sharing and I hate sharing. How did you know she's at work again?"

"Well, I was keeping tabs on her manager, Jack. We've become friends and I almost visit regularly." he said. "Do you remember when we were on triple date along with Chase? The dare for Belle to kiss a guy?" Matt murmured a mmmm. "That was Jack and he said that was the first time he met Belle."

"Oh, really?" Matt asked. "He was that Jack?"

"Yup, he was that." 

"So, where are they now?" Matt asked eating casually.

"In his office, they're discussing something and I think it'll take long. Something with Belle..." Nathan trailed.

"You don't know what that is?" Matt asked.

"I don't know...yet but I have a huge guess." Nathan said.

"What's your guess?" Matt asked, interested.

"She's giving up modeling." He dropped the bomb.

Matt choked. He coughed at what he heard. "She's what?"

"I think resigning on modeling."

"Why?"

"Because of...you probably."

"Is that for sure?"

"Nope, I told you it's a guess but that what it looks like when Jack went out earlier to ask for coffee. He looks stressed. Like losing a diamond and that diamond is Belle." Nathan explained.

"I like your conclusions but we don't know if that is a fact yet." Matt said.

"We'll find that out later but I think the conversation will still last for an hour. Want to come over here?" Nathan asked.

"Sure, where are you?" Matt asked.

"Outside Jack's office with his secretary." he laughed.

"Angel will kill both of you, dude!" Matt laughed.

"I'm not cheating."

"You're defensive meaning you're guilty." Matt said. 

"Actually, I was just learning something from this girl." 

"I wonder what you're learning from her?"

"See for yourself when you come here." Nathan said.

--------------

Belle tapped her feet. "What's the plan?"

"How can you drop something like this suddenly? Have you think about it?" Jack asked with a troubled expression.

"I certainly did." Belle said. "It's either I quit modeling without going on another career or I'll quit modeling and do something else. What do you think? Either way I'm quitting modeling. You know I hated it at the first place."

"Not really hated. Just not into it." Jack explained.

"Right, not into it and I got enough of the men fantasizing about me in their bed which isn't happening."

"Which man's bed are you going into anyway?" Jack asked. "Matt?"

"Certainly. If he let me..." Belle laughed at his expression. "Just kidding plus I think he likes sofa more than a bed with me."

"What the hell are you saying, Belle?" Jack asked more troubled. "You're so crazy with that guy. Why don't you just tell him you love him and get married."

"Wow, that's easy." Belle said sarcastically.

"I know, it's easy and yet you can't do it." Jack said.

"It's not easy." Belle stated.

"Let me tell him if you can't." Jack said. 

"Shut up and let's stay on the matter at hand." Belle said. "What do you think? That's the best I can think of. And I'm smart enough to handle a business. I'm thinking of a resort..."

"Oh, a resort. That will be a big hit." Jack commented.

"Does that mean I'm out the modeling world?" she asked. "Am I?"

Jack stared at her and smiled. "I will miss you here. The company will surely lost many sponsors when you leave."