Chapter 17: I thought

Belle sat on the couch. She has her legs tucked on her body and her arms wrapped around her. Matt and her were watching TV at the middle of the night. They were watching Paranormal Activity 1.

Belle yawned.

"Sleepy?" Matt asked.

She shook her head. "Nah, it's just boring."

"Yeah but...kinda creepy." he shivered and moved closer to her.

"What the hell? Are you scared?" Belle laughed.

"Of course not," Matt said defensively.

"Yes you are." Belle laughed louder.

"I'm so not." Matt said. He turned off the TV and stood up.

"Where are you going?" Belle asked.

"Sleeping,"

"Why did you turn off the TV? I'm watching." Belle said with a grin.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm not scared.

She giggled. "Fine, you're not just because you said so..." she winked at him. "Good night, see you tomorrow. I'll just watch a little."

"Good night, feel free to visit me up there." Matt winked at her and dipped down giving him a peck.

She pulled him closer and kissed deeper. She pulled back and winked at him.

"Whoa, that's...hot." he said.

"Go take your cold shower." she laughed.

He frowned and went upstairs then stopped just halfway up. "Are we dating?"

"We certainly are..." she grinned at him.

After a few hours of surfing the channels, Belle got bored and closed the TV. Just as she was planning to go sleep, the door opened. She froze and faced a blonde girl. "Uh...excuse me?"

"Oh, sorry. I didn't know anyone else was here. I thought only Matt was here and he was sleeping 'cause I called him earlier and he wasn't answering..." the girl trailed.

"You are?" Belle raised an eyebrow at her.

"Juliet," she smiled and offered a hand. "I'm Matt's fiancee."

Belle froze. "Excuse me, what?"

"Fiancee." she smiled and dropped her hand. "Are you her girlfriend of the month?" she shrugged and sat down. "He always changes girlfriend every month and they were just like. Simple and decent. Where is he?"

Belle shook her head trying not to cry. Fiancee? That jerk. After all what happened between us? He's a jerk. I hate him. Wait, is this girl even saying the truth? Yes, of course she is. She even has a key to his house."He's sleeping already. Upstairs,"

Juliet nodded. "I haven't heard your name yet, honey?"

"Belle," she said trying to be brave in front of the girl. 

"Hi Belle, I'm Juliet San Diego." she introduced. "We've been engaged since like we were little and they said we can call the wedding off when we find the girl/boy we really love but I guess it's not coming 'cause Matt hasn't been calling the wedding off plus I think he's now in love of me." she shrugged casually. "We've been together for years and-"

Belle's phone rung. "Sorry,"

"Go on, go on." Juliet smiled at her.

"Hello?" Belle asked.

"Belle? Honey, you're step-dad's dead and your mother's in the hospital. Come here, quick." her father said and told her where to go.

She hung up and froze. Her mother's in the hospital.

"Are you okay?" Juliet asked.

She shook her head and went upstairs taking her duffel bag and changing on jeans and shirt. "Juliet, tell Matt I won't be back again. I have something to do and tell him I'm sorry for misinterpreting whatever happened between us. Tell him goodbye for me,"

Juliet just nodded and watched her leave.

Belle hailed a cab and went on the hospital where her father told her. She went out hurriedly and fling herself on her father's arms. "Where's mom? Is she alright? Where is she? Tell me she's okay."

"She'll be alright, sweetie." her dad soothed her. "It's just that. We need money for her operation."

Money, money...Jack...model. Her mind spinning. "Tell them to do the operation. I can find the money. I have it."

"What? Where will you get it? It's too big. I don't even have that kind of money. Plus your mom needs to be transferred to another bigger hospital." her dad explained/

"Just do what I say." Belle snapped. "I can have the money, I promise. Mom will never leave us."