Stephen "Danielle" Mulhern

No pairing

It's kind of funny.

He was not even sure why he bought it. He'd seen it in a shop window and decided to let himself be impulsive. No one would judge him, they were on bgt tour and in Scottland.
Wearing kilt was the most reasonable thing ever. Well maybe it wasn't as manly as a kilt, but still a very bold scottish...skirt?

Stephen practically ran up to his room, once he got inside the hotel, he hesitated and bit his lip.

He shut his door behind him, the thought of someone coming in a distant worry. If someone did come in he could easily say it was a dare from the boys, it wouldn't be too odd.
Stephen put the bag on the bed and took out what was inside it with a small, meaningful smile.

Looking himself in the mirror he felt a warm feeling inside himself.

He could hear a familiar voice coming closer, and Stephen felt himself tense up.

"Ste --! Oh."

It was David.

"Oooh ...Stephen ...Stephen..." His eyes was sparkling, his mouth formed a big grin.

There was a pause before he managed to remember how to speak.

"We have to do it for our show" Stephen whispered, voice strained. He suddenly felt nothing but pathetic, the joy he'd felt so intensely a minute ago now hidden under endless piles of dread.

But then he was being enveloped in a warm hug, and the urge to cry is too strong.

"It's okay" he reassures, hand rubbing up and down his back soothingly. "Hey, I'm a lady too"
It's a joke, obviously to try make him feel better, but he was not quite ready to face the fact he knew what he was doing.

.....

"Why did you tell him?" Stephen asked frowning. "You know how he is, he loves to tease me...that's out of order"

" Come on Stephen it was a joke" David tried to convince him Simon's joke wasn't that harmful, but he knew how personal things went.
Damn his Simon and his big mouth.

" Live on TV!...now the whole nation knows, thanks to you two" he was pissed off and rightfully so.
The door of his room got open and he saw his boyfriends coming in, frowning at David and possibly annoyed with their boss too.

As the boys came to his hotel room and ushered David out, Stephen started to sniffle.
"He's right though, I look hedious in drag"
He looked in the mirror's direction, wanting to prove his theory.

Dec huffed and cursed Simon's sharp tongue. Not every thing is a joking matter.

"You look very pretty Stevie, I like when you wear dresses or skirts" he shuffled closer and side hugged his pouting friend.

Stephen was sat on the bed, back resting against the headboard uncomfortably. That was until Ant put a pillow behind him, of course, babying him even more, and he secretly loved it and obviously acted like he didn't.

Once he'd fully calmed down, after a glass of water and some cuddles from his smaller friend, Ant started complimenting his skirt. His skirt. And Dec casually suggested shaving his legs.

"I am not shaving my legs."

"But it would feel so nice!" Dec said happily, obviously tried it before.

"No!"

.............

He shaved.

" I'm literally a girl, oh my god...."

" you aren't a girl for shaving your legs, okay?" Ant squeezed his shoulder reassuringly.

"Yeah, ok" he said sounding unconvinced looking down at legs with uncertainty, too pale, too thin, he thought. That was when he felt someone pinched his butt.

"Now, twerk for me!"

"ANT!"

..........

"You look handsome, sweetie,"Amanda said sipping from her glass.
Ant smiled, silently agreeing with her. He kissed Stephen's  forehead, and the way he melted at the affection was possibly one of the cutest thing he'd ever seen.

As all of them chatted and partied in Simon's  room he thought maybe listening to the boys weren't that bad. He looked good in it and everyone were giving him fond looks whenever he stood up.

And what more he wanted , rather than the great Simon cowell saying sorry in his own way.

Now he had three different pretty skirts thanks to Simon's stylist.

He beamed a happy smile toward Alesha as she complimented his outfit and hid his blush when Ant pinched him again.

Hope it made you smile a little.

Jay xx