Oblivious acts (merfolk Jade x Biologist! Fem! Reader)

((Jade Leech x female Yuu reader biologist))
((This shot will have a 19 years old female Yuu who in her original world was studying to become a Marine Biologist. Requested by @deathsong103))

It was already 11 pm in the NRC while a young woman and probably the only woman in the NRC walked through the halls of the for now almost empty school.
It was Winter break so must of the students took the chance to go see their families and spend the holidays together.
Practically everyone was gone except for Y/n, Grimm and, of course, the ghosts.

She passed in front of the main building and walked past the coliseum getting near another abandoned area of the school, the school's pool. Ever since the NRC's swimming team was banned from competing for a year due to certain events the year before Y/n came here according to Crowley, the pool was left alone without maintenance. Later fish and other beings from the sea that surrounded the island made their way through the pipelines.
Many people avoided this place not only because of the strong smell of fish and sea salt but also a strange rumor about an aquatic monster that appeared every now and then at late hours at night. Now Y/n was always taught that fantastic creatures didn't exist... but first: she believed everything was possible. And second: she was already going to a school where some classmates were fairies while others were beastmen!
Still she had already been there and so far the young woman had never seen any monster.

She didn't expect this time to be any different. She was just going to take some plants she saw growing right from the pool to study them but as she entered through one of the broken windows of the building she swore she heard a splash coming from the pool.

—"God.. No way!" Y/n rushed to the pool hoping to find a new kind of dolphin, shark or maybe an enormous octopus!

Maybe it was destiny or coincidence but since it's an abandoned place without any maintenance there was a certain amount of rubbish on the floor and puddles. Y/n was always careful with her steps but that night her excitement blurred her consciousness about the possible accidents and the disaster happened.
Y/n tripped over a worn out towel that was on a large puddle next to the pool and before she could regain her balance she slipped  right into the pool reclaimed by the sea.

The panic was taking over the poor young lady while instinctively tried to make her way back to the surface. To her misfortune there was something that didn't let go off her leg. She tried to move ruthlessly to free herself but no matter what, the thing wouldn't let go. Her vision was starting to get dark and her need for oxygen became extreme.

*Is this how I die? In a pool from another world... pathetic.*
But as her brain was starting to shut down she felt a strange kind of hand holding onto her trapped leg... was it a monster? Was it going to eat her? She decided not to care anymore... she was already dying anyway....

////////////////////////////////////////////

"Y/n..."

"Y/n...."

Someone was calling her name... or more likely... humming it.

The urge to cough came in an instant she turned her position from laying on the ground to kneeling. Her shock was too big to even wonder where the dry towel on her shoulders came from.

After the coughing stopped she took a deep breath.
— "I thought the lights didn't work in here..." she talked to herself.

— "Yes. Thankfully a classmate of mine knows about these kind of stuff and repaired it for me." A voice echoed throughout the place making the girl scream out of fear.

She stood and looked around for the one who just talked.

— "W-who is it! W-where are you?!"

— "haha... You are looking everywhere but nowhere, young lady."