Big Plans (Deuce x Reader)

((Deuce x Gender neutral reader))
((This is a scenario in which Yuu stays in Twisted Wonderland and is married to Deuce... also I gave Deuce's mom a name: "Danielle".. don't judge and comment if you have better ideas))
((I don't own the image or the characters))

Narrator's POV
"What?! This is only half of what you promised to pay!"
-"Brat, consider yourself lucky for the fact that we are paying you after the drama you just caused"
—"but you told me-"
— "I know what I said! Now go unless you want to get fired!"
And with that discussion closed _________ had to leave their workplace. "Ugh! Nasty old ass kisser!" They were tired of the same thing. It has only been a week ever since ______ started working in this restaurant in downtown and everyone was already expecting them to know how everything works when half of their life ______ lived in a world without magic and with totally different rules!
The boss said they will be patient with _____ just to beg for some disrespectful costumer's pardon when the (your hair color) haired accidentally confused orders paying them their meal and being screamed at in public.

///////////////////////////////////////////

"Good job today, Spade! You are such a hardworker unlike many of the new guys we get nowadays." The cop in charge of the station praised the blue haired man who turned to look at his captain.
"I-I should be the one thanking you Captain! If it wasn't for your guidance I would be lost by now." He replied as made a small inclination for respect. "Oh, stop. You are giving me way too much credit son! However, you should go now since your turn is over."
—"are you sure captain? If you need me-"
- "Gods, don't push yourself so hard, Detective. After all there's people waiting for you right?" The old man let out a giggle as he put his hand on Deuce's shoulder. "Tell them I said hi." Spade smiled grateful. "Yes sir!"
—"okay! Now go straight home and get some sleep. After all you are striving to be part of the special division for Magic Crimes, right?" The captain walked back to his desk.
— "oh y-yeah! It's my dream to become one of them!"
— "Then you better study hard for the next test, son."
////////////////////////////////////////
"Work all day work all night.
I might get no sleep tonight.
Baby can you stay up?"

"I'm home!" ________ made their way inside the apartment only to be received by a delicious smell. "No way... Mrs. Spade, Good evening!"

The now old lady greeted back with a genuine smile on her face. "Oh ______ please call me Danielle. You are my child-in-law after all!" _______ blushed. "Y-yeah. I'm just still getting used to this. Hehe." They replied shyly but happy to have such a nice mother-in-law like Danielle Spade. "But you didn't have to come all this way to make dinner Danielle.-"
"Of course I had to! Look at you, so thin my child. I bet Deuce has been studying day and night leaving you without any sleep! This son of mine..." The old mom kept talking about how stubborn his son was even as a child leaving _____ to hear with joy the stories of their husband at a young age until...
"I'm home! Eh?... What's that smell... mom?" Deuce made his way to the kitchen to find his two favorite people laughing about God knows what.
"Hey what are you laughing at now?"
- "Oh, just some stories about certain blue haired police." _____ replied as they kissed their partner on the cheek. "Mom! I told you to stop telling ______ about my childhood." He pouted. "But you were the cutest dummy trying to buy a chicken so your mom didn't have to buy anymore eggs." The teasing went on leaving the poor man blushing as his partner just hug him and his mom finished the cooking and served the meal.
The dinner went smoothly and the chatter was full of life and laughter.

Deuce's mom had already left, of course not before scolding the couple about how they should eat more than instant noodles and take out...

"We could talk,
We could dance,
No matter the circumstance
We don't let it change us."

"Okay okay. I already checked the itand there are some answers you should work on." ______ walked up to their husband showing the wrong answers of the practice test for Deuce's exam m.

"I'm sorry love..."
"Huh? What do you mean?" They took a sit next to him in the kitchen. Deuce took the hand in which ______ had their marriage ring.
"I made you a promise the day I offered you this ring... I promised that I will give you a beautiful home, that I will make you the happiest no matter what and that you will be proud of me... but still..." he looked away in shame. "So far the only thing I have given you are sleepless nights with how dumb I am when it comes to studying, instant food in these past weeks and a small apartment." He looked sad and embarrassed of himself. "I also know you have been struggling at work but you don't want me to worry, but you should tell me!" His voice tone went a little higher but he realized it and looked down like a little kid.  "S-sorry, I.." The blue haired guy was shut up by his mate's lips.
It was a deep kiss that left the young man with the ears red. "W-wha-what was.."
"It seemed like the only way to shut you up, hehe." _______ replied with a wink.
They took their husband's hands and kissed them. "I'm so sorry my love... I didn't mean to hurt you like that. I should have told you sooner but that's a small thing we both have isn't it? We both care so much to the point we don't want to make the other one worry." Deuce's blush got even more visible tempting _______ to kiss him again but they held back.
"I-I.. ahm... I guess you are right but... we shouldn't hide it.."
"From now on I won't. But please try not to worry. It was just a bad week. If it gets worse you'll be the first person I count on for help."
"Me too..."
And without holding back they kissed expressing the love words couldn't reach.

"That's the beautiful thing about us,
Before all the diamonds and rings,
We've got trust."

The night passed and as the sunlight made its way throw the department, ________ eokeup in bed next to the man they married. Compared to when he was awake struggling with life, when Deuce was asleep he looked like a sleeping angel.
Unconsciously they started caressing his cheek until they felt Deuce's hand taking ______'s and kissing the palm.
"Good morning, ________." Deuce smiled at his blushing face lover.
"Morning." They tried to act cool after that gesture. Soon they remembered what they forgot to tell him yesterday so they just made their way into Deuce's arms. "Hey, Deuce.."
"Yeah?"
"Don't you dare be sorry..."
"Wait what?" The blue eyes man was confused.
"What do you mean love?"
They got shy as they remembered...

"________. I'm not the smartest or the most talented of all... but even though I might not have everything you want now I'll strive to have everything you need. I will always have you in my mind in every step and in every plan. I will always take you in consideration and fight to make our dreams come true. So please love me for who I am and for who I'm going to be. I won't let you down... it's a promise..."

It was after the wedding ceremony. In quiet place away from the celebration... Deuce made that vow...

"Hello? Earth to _______." they were brought back to the present.
"Haha. What were you thinking?" Deuce asked curious.
"Do.. do you remember what you told me in our wedding party?" _______ buried their face in their husband's chest.
The blue eyed man smiled looking at their lover lifting their chin so he could look into their (eye color) eyes...
"Every word..." a spark of sadness reflected in his aqua eyes. "Yet I'm failing to fulfill that promise... I'm sorry.."
"Hey... you made your promise and you are fulfilling it... you gave me a home, food and your love. Yeah, some days you have to stay up late but you always know how to make up for it... that's why I'll strive to give you everything you need too; so, please love me for who I am and for who I'm going to be." They repeated the last part of the bow only to discover Deuce was about to cry.
He hugged them and started kissing them all over the face with some giggles getting out of the one who received all the affection.
"I love you, _______ Spade." Deuce finally stopped.
"I love you too, Deuce Spade."

Based on the song "Big Plans" by Why Don't We.
I'm sorry but I just felt like writing a marriage life with Deuce. He isn't the smartest nor the most skilled but I like to think he would do anything for you as your husband and he will try his hardest to give you the best life. He would always respect you and treasure you the same way he wished someone had treasured his mom.