4~ New way of life?

*Triggers: mistreatment, very slight mention of abuse.

Diavolo's POV

I soon found out that the girl was very weak, I noticed that she was awfully thin, "malnutrition" I guessed but didn't say anything, yet. So, I ended up carrying the girl bridal style back to the hotel (her slightly protesting against the idea but soon settle down quietly), Lucifer and I planning how we were going to explain her.

When we got back, Barbatos was waiting for us in the living area alone, wanting to be of use.

"Could you get the first aid kit please? She's got a wound on her-"

I was shocked! The wound was completely healed without any scar.

"What?" Muttered Lucifer when he saw her cheek, utterly confused. Barbatos looked equally baffled.

"How did you do that?" I asked the blindfolded girl.

She had stayed silent up until now, but upon hearing that question, she calmly explained "I am unsure if my old owners did not inform you, but this is one of the two reasons that I was enslaved originally. I have the ability to heal myself and others. After all, I did not want you to waste time on me."

"This girl is full of surprises" I thought. I put her down carefully and lead her with my arm to a chair with her holding onto my arm because she was tired and because of that blindfold. I then turned and nodded towards my friends in a "you can go" manner. They went quietly.

"Can I ask you a few questions before bed? You don't have to." I asked gently.

"Of course master, I will answer wholly and truthfully."

"First of all, I want you to never call me "master" again, it upsets me that you feel the need to do so." I said with a frown on my face, sad at the thought of awfully she must have been treated. She speaks in a constant neutral tone with no emotion. She was prepared to take orders even when she was injured. She seems to believe that she is just an object, beaten into submission and told she has no worth and her "masters" are to use her as they please. It sickened me.

"As you wish, umm..... what.. should I call you  instead?" She asked with her head tilted to the side.

"Just Diavolo."

"Are.... are you the prince of Devildom?" She said, recognising my name.

"Yes but I don't want you to call me "lord" or "sir" or any other name that I'm sure you've been forced to use because you are not a slave anymore."

The room went silent, I watched as her face twisted into one of utter confusion and fear.

Before she could say anymore I quickly said "I'm freeing you, you obviously suffered enough. You are not a slave, but a human person."

I heard her gasp, her hands clutched over each other, I could tell she was on the verge of tears. "........Why?" It came as a whisper.

"Because no one under my rule is going suffer that kind of treatment, you. Are. Free."

"Sir? I mean Diavolo!"

"Yes?"

"If I am free, can I perform the act of putting my arms around you?"

"A hug? Of course!" I said with my signature smile. Not that she could see.

She stretched her arms out and began to stand and make her way towards where my voice was coming from. I saw her struggle and quickly closed the gap. Me being around 6'9 and her being about 5'8, I seems to engulf her within me instead of hug her. It made me chuckle inside.

When we parted, I asked her if she could to something for me. To which she quickly agreed, still within her servant habits.

"Can you take you blindfold off?"

"...."

"Are you sure Diavolo?"

"Yes."

"Of course then." She slowly started to move her hands towards the back of her head. I wondered if maybe she had a condition or disease with her eyes and that was why she wore it in the first place. As she began to untie the knot, she said "I haven't removed it for ages, I was forced to wear this as a slave, it is- oh sorry!- was a sign of my status."

Well that answered that. As the cloth came off, she quickly shut her eyes, not used to the light flooding her eyes.

"Take you time." I said gently. Not wanting to pressure or embass her.

After a few tries she opened her eyes, properly this time, and looked straight into Diavolo's.

I was expecting her to have a problem with her eyes, what I wasn't expecting was this...... Her eyes, they were blue, and somehow purple at the same time. They were like the galaxy.

"Wow

"Wow." I said, mesmerized.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank for reading! Have a lovely day <3!