5~ New everything

*Trigger warnings: mentions of physical abuse, verbal abuse, starvation, slight mention of blood.

Y/N's POV

Diavolo stared into my eyes, he seemed shocked. Were they ugly? I'd always been told they were... Maybe he was disappointed? I'd always been told that I had to please people around me and not care what happened to myself. That I had to care what others think, and ignore what I want. His next words broke me out of my train of thought.

"Wow."

"I know they aren't that nice, I've been told." I said with a knowing tone.

"What? No!" He vehemently shook his head in disagreement, "how could anyone say that? Especially when they're a gift, they're beautiful"

What?? They were nice, no not just nice, "beautiful". I was confused but didn't show it. I'll believe him, for now. He seems gentle, kind, different from the rest. But that's not to say that I haven't had owners act nice in the beginning, then it always changes, they become cold, bitter and awful. But I'm used to it by this point. I can't trust anyone, not until they show their true colours, the darkest side to themselves that they might not want others to necessarily see. I'd learnt that the hard way, like most.

"Anyways, you must be shattered. Please let me show you to your room for the night." He smiled a bright toothy grin.

I nod and follow silently. I'm still getting used to using my eyes, before I'd always relied and sound, smell and touch. Now it was different, not to mention the change in environment.

He showed me to an empty, plain hotel room. I turned to Diavolo. How did he have an extra room? They weren't expecting to meet me...

"Oh! You must be wondering about the room! I'm letting you use mine! I'm sure I can ask reception for another room..." he trailed off, in thought.

I opened my mouth to say protest against me taking something from him.

"Oh and I'm not taking no for an answer so please just accept though I appreciate your worry for me." He smiled again.

I then did something that I hardly ever do, I smiled. Trying to mirror his, as I had forgotten how to a bit. My cheek muscles hurt just my moving my face into the awkward position.

I then bowed in respect and turned to go into the room. I turned around as I held onto the doorknob. "Thank you for everything that you've done for me, I owe you everything." My eyes softened for a second before going back to their neutral state and closed the door.

Diavolo's POV

As she closed the door, I was left frozen. She just smiled, it was strange I'll admit, but it looked perfect on her. I smiled to myself, one night with her and I'd already become attached to her. Well done Diavolo.

Now I have the problem of telling the others, not that I was embarrassed or ashamed of taking her with me. I was just worried how they would react. Some, I knew, had a reputation for being dramatic or over-reactive. Ahem Mammon ahem Asmodeus  ahem Luke. But everything would be fine I told myself as I headed down to the reception in hopes of a new room.

Back to Y/N's POV

As I shut the door, I looked around, observing my new room, some may say it was boring, but it was more glamorous than I'd ever had. There was a double bed, a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a another door? Oh ok, an on-suite bathroom. Never had one of those. Finally there was a window, a huge one. I slowly went towards it, not turning on a light, being in the darkness was what I was more comfortable with anyway. The view overlooked the front of the hotel and the nicer part of the famous night market of Ariner, that was now in full swing, people pilling in amongst the stalls of food and objects that were all over-priced. Oh well, tourist attraction's got to be a tourist attraction. Not that I knew the place very well, when I was at the Harrison's Company's HQ, where Diavolo saved me from that man, I was kept mostly in a warehouse behind the mansion so no one could see it; along with the hundreds of other slaves and servants. When I wasn't for working for one of my long list of masters somewhere out of town, I was either in that warehouse or helping stalls that funded the company by moving goods around. But now, that was all behind me, all the shouting, the insults, the whipping, the starving, the beatings, the cries of others, the blood.... it was all behind me now, it was all just memories. Now I had a new life, in fact, I had a new everything. Nothing was going to be as it used to be, not that I especially minded. I eventually moved towards my bed, I sat on the edge, closest to the window. Soft, is the only way to describe it. I soon was under the silky covers and asleep in no time. Falling deep into the abyss of sleep like I would never wake up.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you ever so for reading! Stay amazing ('cause you are!!) And keep safe <3.