9~Small world

Y/n's POV

"So, about your species..." The red-head began, he seemed nervous.

I kept walking, I was finding walking in bright daylight a little difficult seeing as I'm used to pitch black. All the colours were blinding, I had seen them before but they were brighter than I remembered. I tried to use my hearing more to find my way through the streets.

"Yes?" I asked, thinking about which route was quickest to take to go to the place.

This was as much for me as it was for Diavolo. I had never seen this place, but I had images in my head of what it looked like. Hopefully it was as nice as I thought it was. That would really embarrassing if it was a horrible view. I had after all taken up Diavolo's time to see a view that I hadn't actually seen.

"You said before that you were half demon, how is that possible? Who are your parents?" He queried, looking to me.

"Well, I don't really know my parents very well, but I do know that my father, a demon had some business of sorts in the human realm and there he met my mother, a human. Apparently, they didn't get along very well, my mother had high morals and my father, not so much. Eventually they came to love each other and got married in secret because apparently it is a crime to marry a moral in Devildom?" I turned to Diavolo.

"Well, it isn't really a crime, but it is looked down on. It is seen as impossible for a human to have a relationship with a demon, since demons live longer than humans." He said recalling the information. "Who was your father? His name I mean, he might still be in Devildom."

"Is it a good idea to tell? Seeing as he wanted his relationship to be a secret, what else did he want to be kept private? Besides I haven't seen him for ages, because well, the relationship didn't end well...." I put my head down.

His eyebrows furrowed, "What happened?"

"It's strange really... one day when my father came to visit her in a house that they had bought far out in the country, she was gone." I paused, "All her belongings were still there, no money had been taken, no note, nothing expect for one thing, a picture of a baby, me"

Diavolo's POV

I stopped in my tracks, that was awful! "I'm sorry about that, it must be hard to talk about it."

She stopped a few steps ahead of me, her glistening eyes just caught the sun, making them shine. "No, it's fine. If I'm being honest, it's nice to talk about it with someone other than myself." She said, with a nervous look on her face.

My heart nearly exploded, she trusted this with me. She thought it was safe to talk about something that was extremely personal with me! I smiled, touched "I appreciate that you trust me with this . I promise, this conversation will stay between you and me."

She relaxed a bit, her eyes softened "Thank you, Diavolo." The wind blew through her hair and mine.

Y/n turned to start to walk again, I followed her. "About your question before, my father's name was Vincent L/n, avatar of impatience. My mother was called Rose L/n."

My eyes widened, Vincent L/n, I knew that name! He had had a relationship with someone?

"You look like you know the name." Y/n stated, studying my features.

"Yes, he works as a gardener in my castle." I said looking shocked, then joked "small world, eh?"

She looked equally shocked then composed herself "Yes, it seems so." She said, clearly in thought "anyways, my mother had left for an unknown reason but I do know that she must've had me then left and she brought me here, to Ariner. But how I became a slave to the Harrison's Company is still an unanswered question. I have never heard from either of them since. I still wonder how I survived........ Ah, I believe we are almost there!" She said, a glint of excitement in her eyes.

I looked around me, our conversation had been so interesting that our surroundings had completely changed without me noticing! The dusty cobble streets, bustling with demons, all busy doing their own thing were replaced with luscious green leaves and flora. The song of birds danced and swirled in the fresh, open air. There was a faint sound of water, a stream maybe? I wondered how Y/n knew were to go if she had never properly seen this place. I looked towards were she was standing. She had her eyes closed, she must be listening for something! I stayed quiet, not wanting to disturb her.

"This way, follow me." She said slowly, she began to slowly walk in a certain direction. Eyes still closed. I obediently did as I was told and followed her lead.

Less than five minutes later, she stopped. We had reached the brow of a small hill.

"I believe we are were I used to go to." Her starry eyes opened and she turned around, she gasped. I looked behind me. I saw what her reaction was for. The whole of Ariner could be seen here. Panoramic views that were beyond beautiful.

"Amazing." I breathed. I turned to her. She seemed frozen in-place, tears began to fall from her precious eyes as she sat down, cross-legged underneath a healthy oak tree. I followed suit and put one hand on her back. "Are you ok, Y/n?" I asked worried.

"I came here so many times, but actually seeing it is different from hearing the winds, the trickle of the stream, the melody of the birdsong, the far off buzzing of the place that I worked in. I apologise, it just made me emotional."

"Please never apologise for something that is natural, it's perfectly fine." I smiled fondly, rubbing her back in a comforting manner.

"C-can we stay here for a while, please?" She said while wipping her tears away.

"Of course, these views need to be appreciated after all!" I stated in my usual enthusiastic voice that rang with childish joy.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•
Hello again! Thank you ever so for reading. Hopefully you enjoyed how the story is panning out? ^ ^