14~ All over missing books?

No one's POV

"LUCIFER!!!"

Maria, Y/n and Lucifer turned their heads towards the sudden shouting. Y/n shifted uncomfortably, she didn't like loud noises or shouting. It reminded her of how she was treated by her old owners.

An angry Satan came around the corner, practically shaking with pure rage. "Lucifer, I swear, where did you put my book collection this time?!?! Half of those are my own from home and the other half are from the library! I need to return them soon, but I can't because they're all missing!" He explained his situation.

'Didn't know missing books warranted this kind of reaction considering he is normally calm and collected, but whatever' Y/n thought as Satan began to close the distance between him and his target- the avatar of pride himself. Ready to strangle him. He was seemingly unaware of her or Nickname Woman who was still  leaning against her door, clearly amused by Lucifer's predicament.

"I did no such thing." Lucifer argued back.

Y/n then had a light bulb moment. "Satan, I could help you find them if you want?"

Satan's face and aura changed in record time. "You would?" He was not expecting this conversation to turn out this way.

"...Yes?" Y/n replied like it was a question, she was confused at the blonde's quick change of attitude.

"Alright, follow me." He said, sending a final, quick glare towards his brother and turned in the same direction that he came in.

'Yes! An excuse to wriggle out of this conversation while still being useful. Hiding doesn't matter seeing as my main threat was now behind me. The two men weren't anywhere to be seen which was reassuring.' She thought as she closed and locked her door behind her. She didn't want anyone to go in her room while she was gone.

She did force herself to turn and end her unpleasant conversation with Nickname Woman, so she seemed 'polite'.

"I apologise but as you can see, I have something to take care of. Farewell Maria. It was nice meeting you too, Lucifer." She did a small bow.

"No worries, star-eyes! Good luck on your hunt for these books. It's a pleasure." She smiled again, it was just was fake as the last.

'Again with the nickname?!?' She thought as she followed Satan around the corner.

He shot her a confused look but kept walking.

After the pair were put of sight, Maria turned to Lucifer.

"So, tell me about yourself." She asked in a flirtatious manner.

"I um, actually have a phone call to make, goodbye." He replied, trying desperately to leave as smoothly as Y/n just did.

"Oh, alright then! Hope to see you soon!" She replied before pulling out her phone in her back pocket.

Lucifer then walked away towards Diavolo's room to inform him of what just happened.

Maria, still in Y/n's corridor, dialed a number. It rang for a while before a male voice greeted her on the other end. "Maria? Did you speak with him?"

"No, unfortunately not. But that isn't my biggest issue at the moment. Do a background check on a name, would you?"

"I can't see how discussing our issue is less important than looking into someone's background but alright, what's the name?"

"F/n."

°—•—°—•—°—•—°—•—°—•—°—•—°—•—°—•—°
Dun, dun, dduunn.
[Insert something funny here]
The title isn't the best but I was stuck thinking about for too long in my book so please forgive me! ^ ^"
I hope you enjoyed chapter 14! Anyways, have a good day/night! <3