Derangement

Paul had taken the day off to hang out with me, while the rest of the pack was searching for his ex, Leah had vowed to tear her head from her neck & bring it to me which I was humoured endlessly by & Charlie was off hunting with some of the townspeople after another call about bears in the woods, though I couldn't begin to tell you why Paul stayed behind. He'd be better use to the pack, I was only sat at my desk looking into the Seattle disappearances.
I groaned when I hit another dead end & balled my fists in my hair.
"Do you want a tea?" He asked from the couch.

"Please." I answered just staring at the papers in front of me, I glared at the laptop screen with yet another face on it, this one was of a young girl, she had pale skin, long black hair & wide brown eyes nothing stood out but I couldn't stop looking at her, she reminded me of a younger Bella.

"What's this one's name?" Paul asked placing the cup of tea on the desk beside me.

"Bree Tanner, she's sixteen." I said blowing into the cup as I held it in both my hands, I leaned back into the chair & Paul rubbed my shoulders.

"You can't do anything for her loca, you don't have the resources." He said, I was about to tell him what a load of shit that was & that if the pack actually did something about it that maybe the killings would stop but he was saved by my phone buzzing.
I flipped it open & held it between my cheek & shoulder.

"Sparkles." I answered "training doesn't start until one."

"Becka, you need to come over. You were right there was something off it's definitely more than one vampire. We'll tell you the rest when you get here." He rushed out.

"I'll leave now." I said feeling the dread rise in my stomach.

"Be careful Becka, if you see that vamp on the way over here call me." He said.

"I will Em." I hung up the phone & reached for my keys "looks like I do have the right resources after all." I said to Paul before slamming the front door behind me.
If the pack had only listened to me we could have stopped this before it began.

On arrival Emmett was watching the game, while the rest of the Cullens talked amongst themselves "who's winning?" I asked as I shrugged off my jacket.

"Seahawk's are up by ten." He said not taking his eyes away from the TV.

"Nice." I said as Rosalie stalked over to him & switched the TV off, Emmett raised his hands in annoyance & I chuckled.

"Seahawks would win anyway." I lied, Emmett winked.

"You're damn right they would." Rosalie scoffed.

"God if it weren't for your obvious repulsion of him I may actually be jealous of how well you two get along." She joked.

I laughed "pfft you're damn right, old dudes don't do it for me." Emmett held his hand to his heart & acted wounded, I only shook my head at him "tell me about these vamps?" I reminded him.
His eyebrows shot up as he remembered.

"Oh right! They're creating an army." He said with a smile. Rosalie scoffed again at his smiling "oh no!" He rushed to correct himself "I'm not happy about it I just-" he sighed "never mind." Carlisle gave him a small smile.

"After you had mentioned it could be more than one, we did a little more digging because you're right there's far too killings for just one & you were right, we don't know who is behind it or why they're making an army but we're going to work on that too. We'd like your help." He said.

"Could it be Victoria?" I asked, knowing that the red head was still lurking around somewhere.

Alice shook her head "I've been watching her thoughts, she's not behind this."