Remember

When I awoke Emmett was sitting on the end of the bed looking off into space "What is it with vampires & watching people sleep?" I asked glaring at the sun that assaulted my eyes. He jumped slightly and scratched the back of his neck bashfully before replying.

"There's more people for you to meet, people you've known your whole life. We can't take you over there but Bella will." I formed in confusion.

"But why can't you?" I asked.

"Do you remember the werewolves & the treaty we told you about last night?" The Cullens had explained a lot of things to me last night & so had Bella, I don't remember anything that they had tried to remind me about & it frustrated me beyond belief but I trusted them. They seemed sincere, I knew what they were saying was genuine from the emotions behind what their words.
I nodded my head and furrowed my brows slightly "well you're going to see them, you have three friends there that were practically your brothers, you grew up with them & one of them was hurt in the fight we told you about, he has been asking for you." I nodded my head again & rose from the bed, eager to find out more about myself & my friends.

"I'll be okay, Emmett." I said sensing his tension, he smiled at me but it wasn't like the smiles I'd seen him wear many times last night, this one didn't quite reach his eyes as he nodded & walked with me down stairs to meet with Bella. 
"Hey." She said softly, her dark brown eyes barely lifted to look me into my own. Deep purple bags lined the bottom of them & I frowned.
"You should sleep more." I said, she snorted & nodded.
"Probably." She said, I sucked my teeth & narrowed my eyes at her in annoyance I was fine, I mean I wasn't fine but I was alive "we should go." She said nodding towards the red truck parked out the front, I followed her out into the cool Forks air & waved to Emmett as I opened the car door.

Bella lead me through the cabin that belonged to Billy Black a man who I've been told was like a second father to me we were going to see a boy named Jacob, he was Billy's son & apparently was like a brother to me, Bella had explained to me in the ride over who I was seeing to see if their names would stir any memories & when they didn't we had fallen into silence. I tried so hard to picture what he looked like in my head on the drive but I just couldn't. Though I began to feel hopeful despite my lack of memory hoping that if I saw him I'd recognise him, as we entered the room my eyes fell on the boy in front of me & my hopes faded I didn't know this boy.

"Becka!" he beemed as he lifted me into a long embrace "I'm so glad you're okay!" I looked to Bella slightly panicked by the action & she turned to Jacob with a sigh.

"Jake look, put her down for starters—" he humphed at Bella but did as she had told him too "When Becka got hurt she was out for a couple of days" she began to explain, Jacob frowned as he turned to her & I watched as his entire body visibly tensed "& we didn't tell you because you were still hurt but when she came to she didn't-" Bella's voice broke & my heart followed suit, she took a shaky breath in before continuing "she doesn't remember anybody, Jake." Jacob turned slowly to look at me with wide eyes, he just gawked at me for a beat & I shifted uncomfortably under his shocked gaze before he took a step forward & my body tensed at his sudden movements was he going to crush me into him again? I thought as I watched him, too many emotions passed over his features at once as he opened his mouth to say something & closed it again.

"Y-you don't remember me?" he strutted after another beat, I felt sad for him knowing how close we must have been from the pain etched in his voice, a life time of memories with someone who had no idea who you were, that was a burden I wouldn't wish upon anyone.
I shook my head & looked to the floor ashamed of my lack of memory for what must have been the hundredth time since I had awoken. He shook himself & nodded a look of determination & understanding on his features "well, let's start again—" he said offering me a small smile as he held out his hand for me to shake, I took it & he shook it once "Hi I'm Jacob, you've known me my whole life. You're like an older sister to me, we grew up together. We used to fix bikes & old trucks in the shed around the side-" he nodded to an undisclosed location as he continued "& we got up to a lot of mischief." his smile grew at the last part causing my own to follow but drop instantly, I wanted to remember this boy but I couldn't & it hurt more than words could ever explain, I pursed my lips & frowned.