Black Out

The Cullen's House, Forks

It had been three days since the war with the newborns, Jacob was beaten up pretty badly his ribs were broken but he was healing. No one had told Jacob the extent of Becka's injuries just yet, they wanted to give Jacob time to heal first, Bella had spent her days switching between Becka's bed side & Jacob's. She felt terrible about only seeing him here or there especially after all he went through to protect her & get her sister back but she couldn't help the guilt that plagued her for what she had done to Becka.

No one knew where Paul was he took off when Alice said she couldn't see Becka's future anymore, Sam had said they tracked him to the Canadian boarder & lost his scent there.
Bella didn't blame him though if she could run away from the image of her older sister lying on a bed with breathing tubes & drips coming out of just about everywhere she would, Becka would be furious if she found out Bella had seen her in such a weak state. She always had to be the tough one, the rock but right now she looked so small & it was all Bella's fault.

Edward came to Bella's side & placed his hand on her shoulder "you have to eat." He said trying to hand her a plate of food but she shook her head, how could she? While Becka lay on the bed before her looking as weak as she did. Becka may never eat again, she'd never have stake at the diner with Charlie or Emily's muffins that she was all but addicted too.

"I can't." she said honestly, a couple of the Cullen's had slowly started to file into the room & Bella frowned in question.

"I saw her wake up." Alice said with a smile "oh I can't wait to see her smile again!" she clapped her hands excitedly as she exited the room, Bella suddenly took Edward's hand into a bone crushing grip because for the first time in three days she had hope.

Becka's POV

When I awoke I was surrounded by strange people, they looked concerned. When no one else made a move the smallest one with brown hair rushed towards me "Becka! Thank god, I didn't know if you were going to wake up!" she went to throw herself at me & I recoiled.

"Who's Becka?" I asked confused, were they talking about me? the small girl furrowed her brows "who are you? where am I?" I began to panic my heart felt like it was going to punch a hole in my chest & I couldn't catch my breath. Who were these people? Why was I in this house? Where am I? All these thoughts flooded my head when it dawned on me who was I? I didn't know my name.
The cold hand of panic began to clasp my throat when a tall boy with dark hair stepped forward kneeling beside the bed, I looked over his pale features & when our eyes met I felt comfort "its okay, kid." he said trying but failing to keep his voice even as he placed his cold hand on my arm, I hissed as I looked down at his hand, why was it so cold? I brought my eyes up to look into his golden ones in question "you're safe, do you remember anything?" he asked his voice soft but reassuring.

I shook my head & looked around the room at the people inside it & looked back to the boy sitting beside me. "what's my name?" I felt tears of helplessness well up behind my eyes & gritted my teeth in slight frustration, how could I not know my own name?

"You're names Becka, you're 21, you like football & beer-" He chuckled "you're truck is like you're baby though I'd never understand why-" I made a noise of protest & he chuckled "you're the strongest most stubborn person I know & I know that you're still in there somewhere because you just tried to defend your truck & I bet you can't even remember what it looks like." he smiled at me reassuringly. My eyebrows furrowed as I tried to remember the truck that was said to be mine but nothing came to mind.

"& what's you're name?" I asked curious to know the boy in front of me, he seemed to know a lot about me & yet I knew nothing about him.

His smile grew wide & he lowered himself into a sitting position on the end of the bed one leg hung off the side as he rested his arm on the other "my names Emmett & I'm a good friend of yours." he ruffled my hair & I smiled despite the situation, he seemed genuine enough & if I had any hope of figuring out who I was he seemed like the best bet "& that little lady right there" he said pointing to the pale girl that had thrown herself at me earlier "that's your younger sister Bella." my eyes widened as I looked towards her, tears were rolling down her cheeks & she was snuggled into the side of a tall golden haired boy. Why were they all so pale?