? • "As A Caring Brother Should."

"(Y-Y/N)!" I shouted, panicking as I saw (Y/N) jump down the cliff so recklessly.

"Oh, wait, CRAP." I heard her say as she fell.

Of course "Oh crap!". You're potentially falling to your death!

I quickly ran down the cliff, hoping to be able to catch her on time. My heart was beating so fast, as if it was almost going to burst.

I CAN'T lose her like this. Not like.... Lumine...

I kept running towards the bottom of the cliff, Paimon chasing after me.

"S-Slow down, Aether!" Paimon shouted.

"No can do! (Y/N)- If I don't save her, she'll...!"

This was a very tall cliff, all the more reason to get down to save (Y/N) as soon as possible. But because it's a tall cliff, it's taking quite an amount of time to run down. Come on, come on, come on. Run, run, run faster-

"Do not fret nor be afraid, for Venti the bard is at your aid!"

I heard an unknown voice shout, sounded somewhat feminine.

For a split moment, I felt a very strong wind. I felt the wind lift me, making me feel lighter, as I took used this to my advantage and ran even faster.

Please be safe for me, (Y/N).

As I got there, I barely felt any fatigue from running that much, somehow. I saw a person in teal carrying (Y/N), as they wind glided down slowly.

And at that moment, I felt a pang of sadness overcome me when I realised I wasn't the one who saved (Y/N).

I couldn't save her, because I was too weak.

Too weak to save my own sister, as well...

(Y/N) really reminds me of her. The outfit, the cheerfulness, it all just makes me remember Lumine, almost as if she was Lumine herself.

She's like my second sister, even though we've only met half a day ago. At least, she gives off the vibe. I don't know why, it's just as if I'd known her for so long already, despite how little we've conversed.

"(Y/N)!" I called out, running after her and engulfing her in a big hug.

"A-Aether?!" She stuttered.

"Wow, Aether. You're being so touchy with her even though you've only met her today." Paimon said, with a tone.

"O-Oh, sorry if you felt uncomfortable, I'm just really relieved you were okay." I nervously spoke half the truth.

Paimon's right though. I've only met her today, and I'm already acting comfortable with her, holding her hand, hugging her... What is going on? Does she really remind me of my sister that much?

"Are these your friends?" The teal fellow asked, I remember him introducing himself as Venti 'the bard' in his rhyme.

"Yes they are! This is Aether," I waved as she mentioned me, "and the floating child is Paimon!" I internally snickered at the label.

"Hey, I'm not a floating child! I'm Paimon!" She pouted.

"Hehe, nice to meet you! My name is Venti, a bard in Mondstadt. Best bard in town, y'know!" He grinned.

"And (Y/N)!" I shouted, my brotherly instincts kicking in.

"H-Huh?" She nervously looked at me.

"Do. Not. Ever. Jump off a cliff like that again! Do you know how it gave me a mini heart attack?! You could've died!" I vigorously shook her shoulders.

"I-I didn't realise how tall it was! Please forgive me, Mom!" I apologized, not really sounding like she wants me to stop lecturing her, but to stop shaking her shoulders.

"I'm not your Mom! I'm your-" ... Not your brother.

"-friend!" A caring one at that!

"Please stop shaking m-me!"

I let go of her shoulders and hugged her tightly again, this time with her patting my back a bit.

"Please forgive me, Aether!" She begged.

I let go of her, saying, "Not unless you promise me NOT to jump off a cliff like that without something like, a parachute!"

Venti chuckled, pulling my attention away from (Y/N).

"Anyway, my job here is done." He walked away from us, as he rhymed.

"Until we meet again, I shall wait, but until then," He summoned a wind current with what I assume is Anemo magic and looked back at us.

"...It's up to fate!"

He then glided up the wind current and flew away, towards the woods, and I watched him, feeling something inside me. Like envy of sorts. And a bad feeling about him as well. Why?

"Gosh, look! The sky is turning yellow! We'd better get to Mondstadt before dusk!" Paimon said, pointing to the slightly yellow sky. Why did we even decide to go to Mondstadt in the afternoon and not morning again...?

"Yeah! Quick, I'll race you there! Last one who reached Mondstadt treats us to some Sticky Honey Roast!" She giggled cutely, running off before giving is a chance to respond.

"Sticky Honey Roast? I'm not paying! You'd better stay last Aether!" She punched me in the arm and flew off to race against (Y/N). Since when did you ever have money on you?

"H-Hey! I don't wanna pay! And (Y/N)! If you get hurt!" I warned, running towards them as fast as possible.

Lumine, wherever you are, I hope you're safe. I'm going to look for you, that I promise.

But I know something is wrong with me.

I fought slimes before, I fought some this morning as a matter of fact, before (Y/N) fell from the sky. The slimes were completely normal, not as thin as jelly, and no blood either. But after I met (Y/N), slimes I fought have blood?

It could be that the slimes in that area, which I haven't gone to until then, have been infected by something, or...

Maybe I'm not the one who's weird. Maybe it's... (Y/N)?

I think I remember, I unconsciously crossed my fingers behind me... when I made a promise with her.

...I have a feeling I'll understand soon enough.

...

Shattered Chapter: Reminded of A Physical Memory

...