30 • "Jack And Jill Went Up The Hill."

...

I sat inside my room, writing notes on the steps of the latest experiment I was planning with the lizard tails Bennett got me.

Albedo didn't seem to talk to me for the rest of the day...It made my heart ache a little but...

Kaeya told me he just got really busy all of a sudden. I'm guessing that was his attempt at reassuring me, and I appreciate it.

But yeah, no, Albedo was definitely at least a little mad.

"Hm..." I sighed, as I rested my head on the table, "I'm tired..."

Just then,

"Big Sis (Y/N)..."

Someone slowly opened the door.

"Hm?" I turned around, "Yes, Klee?"

"Klee can't sleep...Can you come and help sing Klee to sleep?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Aww, of course...!" I got up from my seat, "I'm a little tired from work anyway."

She gave me a small smile, "Thank you, Big Sis (Y/N)...!" So I followed her little footsteps back to her bedroom.

...

"What does Klee want me to sing?" I asked.

"Um..." She blinked her eyes, "Recently, Big Brother Albedo just got me a storybook about nursery rhymes! Can you sing Klee some of them?"

"Ooh, nursery rhymes, huh? I remember singing those as a kid. Let me try to remember some..." I tapped on my chin.

"Aha! Klee, have you heard of 'Little Miss Muffet'?" I smiled.

"Oh! Klee has heard of that one!"

"Okay, ahem..." I began,

"Little Miss Muffet, sat in a tuffet,
Eating her curds and whey.
Along came a spider who sat down beside her,
And frightened Miss Muffet away."

"Wah..." Klee clapped her hands, "Big Sis (Y/N) is so good at singing!"

"Aw, thanks!" I looked to the ground, "Hm, has Klee heard of 'Mary, Mary, Quite Contrary' ?"

"That one...Yeah, Klee read it in that storybook."

"Alright, ahem..."