24 • "Dreams...Again?"

...

I slowly fluttered my eyes open.

"...And then, and then...!"

I heard people talking cheerfully.

"Eh? (Y/N)! You're awake!" A person walked over to my bed.

"...Bennett." My vision was slightly fuzzy.

"Good news, (Y/N)! I can finally walk again! Though it takes a lot of effort, at least I can move now!" Bennett grinned widely, spilling the good news.

"Hm...?" I blinked, "Oh. That's nice to hear."

"I was talking to the other people and a lot of them were recovering from a lot of stuff too!" He spoke happily, "Hope your neck heals soon too!"

"Thanks..."

I stared blankly to the ceiling.

"Huh? Is something wrong?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just had a strange dream, is all."

"Ooh, a weird dream, huh? I remember I dreamt of a hilichurl exploding into a bunch of smaller ones and then crawling up on me and then turning me into a hilichurl!"

"...What?"

"Ahah...It's super weird, I know." He scratched his neck, "But, hey. I wanna hear what you dreamt of. Please?" He gave me those hard-to-reject puppy eyes again.

"Since you're asking so nicely, fine then." I huffed, sitting upright.

...

It was so cold.

Where exactly is this little fairy taking me...?

Well I suppose, I'm the one who decided to follow it in the first place.

Where is this place?

I only see snow, and the dull colours of bushes and branches.

"..."

Hm?

I just heard someone speak nearby.

And the fairy just happened to float towards the voice.

The snow beneath my feet were giving my frostbite. It hurt to walk. But the fairy paid no mind. It only continued to float closer to the voice.