The Vanishing Of Will Byers (Pt. 1)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚅𝙰𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙾𝙵 𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝙱𝚈𝙴𝚁𝚂
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

𝚃𝙷𝙴  𝚅𝙰𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙶  𝙾𝙵  𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻  𝙱𝚈𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

November 1983

In the basement of the peaceful suburban cul-de-sac, the dramatic, intense voice of Mike Wheeler filled the room.

"Something's coming..." Mike, the Dungeon Master, said, "Something hungry for blood..."

Although the room was dimly-lit, nothing could hide the absolute mess that its occupants had made. Empty pizza boxes and coke cans were strewn all over the Wheelers' basement; backpacks, hoodies and coats all haphazardly flung over the furniture; and at the centre of it all, a group of five twelve-year-olds sat around a small table, all deeply invested in their game of Dungeons and Dragons.

"A shadow grows on the wall behind you, it is almost here," Mike continued.

The other four kids leaned forward in an anticipation, riveted by Mike's words. To one side of the table sat the party's Ranger: Lucas Sinclair; a small yet sassy, dark-skinned boy with a big mouth. Next to Lucas sat the gentle, soft-spoken Wizard:Will Byers; a pale, dainty boy with large, brown doe-like eyes. Just opposite them was the party's (rather nervous-looking) Bard: Dustin Henderson; an adorable little boy with missing teeth, curly hair and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. And finally, sat between Will and Dustin is the party's Rogue: Ally Harrington; a short but fierce girl with brown hair, pale, freckled skin and bright, magnetic blue eyes.

"What is it?" Will asked, surveying his friends.

"What if it's the Demogorgan?" Dustin asked anxiously, casting his gaze to Ally.

"Well, then we're in deep shit if it's the Demogorgon," Ally remarked.

"It's not the Demogorgon!" Lucas insisted as Mike waited for them to settle down.

There was a pause. Silence pressed down on the tweens... all eyes on Mike. Waiting...

"An army of Troglodytes change into the chamber!" He yelled, slamming a six-winged figurine onto the grid map on the table.

The party breathed a sigh of relief, Ally dramatically flopping over onto Will's shoulder as the tension left her body; thus, causing a scarlet blush to creep up Will's cheeks.

"Troglodytes?!" Dustin questioned sceptically with an almost relieved tone.

"Toldja," Lucas smirked, making Dustin huff.

But, sadly, the party's relief was short-lived. Mike glanced over his shoulder and his eyes widened with fear. The look made Ally sit back up straight and glance at the boy with curiosity sparkling in her eyes.

"Wait... do you hear that?" The boy questioned, "That sound... Boom... Boom... BOOM!" He slapped the table, "That didn't come from the Troglodytes. No. It came from something else,"