Will The Wise (Pt. 2)

𝚆𝙸𝙻𝙻 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚆𝙸𝚂𝙴
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 2

Just seconds after their hands made contact, Ally knew she couldn't stay any longer

Just seconds after their hands made contact, Ally knew she couldn't stay any longer. She was no longer welcome there.

Images flashed through her mind. Images of the shadow monster she'd been having premonitions about for the last few weeks. Somehow, even though it had no visible distinguishing facial features, she could tell that it hated her. It was just a vibe of intense hatred that rolled off it in waves— no, tidal waves. Tidal waves that seemed directly aimed at her. And if that wasn't enough, the deep ear-splitting screech that it let out as it saw her was enough to send her reeling. Her her body trembled as the sound of its roar reverberated within her and made her stomach churn.

Ally pulled her hand off of Will's, looking away so he wouldn't see the fear in her eyes.

Will knew what she saw. He knew that the shadow monster - for some reason - absolutely hated Ally and wanted her far away from him. But there was something in the beast's hatred for the girl that only made his trust and faith in her flourish. The monster didn't just hate Ally.

It feared her.

Will had always felt safe when Ally was around. Ever since the moment they'd met. And the fact that a creature as fearsome and ruthless as the shadow monster was, was afraid of Ally... that could only mean that she was a threat to him. So much so that the beast had needed her to be far away, so that she couldn't stand in his way.

And when the warmth of Ally's touch left him, all he wanted to do was reach back out and take her hand. To feel that warmth... to feel that safety. But the shadow monster wouldn't allow it. Will could feel it in the churning of his stomach as the monster imposed its thoughts on his mind. He could feel it doing everything in its power to get Will to repel her.

The warmth of her gentle, reassuring touch... the safety and serenity of her lavender-and-leather scent... everything about Ally that was once so enticing to Will, now seemed too repulsive to even think about.

At least... that's what the monster wanted.

But it didn't know about Ally and Will. It didn't know how strong their bond was. And it's didn't know that nothing, nothing, could keep them apart for too long.

But for now, Ally had to leave.

She stumbled out of the house, not even saying goodbye to Joyce on the way out. Ally could feel a layer of cold sweat suddenly forming on her skin as her heart rate picked up and her head began to swim.

Was she having a panic attack?

Ally didn't know how she was doing it but somehow, she was wheeling her bike away from the Byers' house and trudging further and further into the woods.

He'd house wasn't far from there. Going back home would've been the responsible thing to do. But Ally wasn't thinking about responsibility right now. Heck, she was barely thinking about anything other than the shriek of the shadow monster that still echoed in her ears or the splitting headache that the sound induced. Actually, it was taking everything in her not to throw up.