MADMAX (Pt. 1)

𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙼𝙰𝚇
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

𝙼𝙰𝙳𝙼𝙰𝚇𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 1

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑, 1984

A storm brewed in the distance. Booming thunder shook the ground beneath her feet as blood-red bolts of lightning streaked across the sky, illuminating the dense expanse of dark storm clouds.

And with a flash of blinding blood-red light, hundreds upon thousands of minuscule particles, comprised of what seemed to be pure darkness, began to gather and form a colossal mass of smoke.

Flash.

Another bolt of lightning clouded her vision. And when the disorientation dulled, her eyes met the sight of a creature larger than at least 50 of the tallest buildings you'd ever see. It towered above the town, it's gargantuan body sprouting enormous tendrils for limbs that branched out across the town like vines as it's elongated, flame-like head peered menacingly down at her with a hatred so intense that it's effects belittled that of her own signature death glare.

And with a final flash of that blood-red light that left her temporarily blind, Ally was pulled from the vision and returned back to the safety of her bed that she slept soundly in only moments ago.

The girl woke in a cold sweat, barely having any recollection of the premonitory nightmare that had continuously plagued her dreams the entire year.

"Come on, Steve. Don't make me beg," Ally whined.

"Nuh-uh. Not a chance," the girl's older brother denied yet again.

"It's just a little money. Nothing you can't guilt trip out of mom and dad when they get back," she reasoned desperately.

"Nope," he repeated.

"Oh, come on. Please?" Ally begged, dragging out the 'e' sound in please and displaying her best attempt at puppy-dog eyes.

After several minutes of Steve desperately trying (and slowly failing) to resist his sister's pleading and those irresistible puppy-dog eyes, the teen gave in.

"Ugh, Jesus. Fine!" He conceded, emptying out a handful of coins from his secret stash and dropping them into her outstretched hands.

The girl beamed, practically jumping up and down as her brother gave her the money.

"Yes! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She enthused, giving him a big, tight, hug.