The Mind Flayer (Pt. 2)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳 𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚈𝙴𝚁
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 2

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙼𝙸𝙽𝙳 𝙵𝙻𝙰𝚈𝙴𝚁𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 2

"Wanda..."

A sweet, melodious voice sang amidst the darkness.

"Wanda..." It echoed.

A delicate smile. Soft blue eyes. Sharp features decorated with freckles. She was... ethereal.

"Wanda... honey... It's time to wake up,"

Ally gasped for air, bolting upright as she scrambled off of whatever comfy piece of furniture she had been lying on.

"Hey, hey, hey," Steve's face came into view, his hands gently tugging her arms down to her sides in an effort to get her to stop struggling, "It's okay. It's just me,"

"Hey, guys! She's awake!" She heard Mike's voice faintly call out from a different room.

"Bob," Ally choked out, as she let herself relax as the feeling of security was finally induced by her brother's presence, "Where's Bob?"

Steve looked down, the tragic news struggling on lips as the others filed into the living room.

"He, uh... he didn't make it," he eventually told her, regretfully.

Ally fell back against the wall, her head tilting up to keep the tears from unwillingly escaping her eyes. She pressed her fist between her teeth, inhaled deeply and sniffled. When she looked back at the expectant faces of her friends and her brother, she would've seemed as composed as ever— that is... if it wasn't for the fact that they knew Ally Harrington far too well for her liking.

"How..." Ally squeezed her eyes shut, wincing at the raspy sound of her voice so thick with emotion before clearing her throat, "How did it happen?"

"He died a hero," Hopper stated, only just walking into the room now, "That's all that matters,"

He gave Ally a nod, his way of silently asking if she was okay. She nodded back, her eyes still watery and slightly red.

Although the involuntary nap helped, Ally still wasn't doing too good. I guess, ripping apart a few interdimensional beasts, seeing a friend die horribly with no means of preventing his death all while confronting some deep-seated emotional trauma does that to a girl. And that's excluding everything that happened in Chicago earlier that same day. So, maybe it was reasonable for Ally to be a little drained and disorientated.

Ally couldn't quite recall how she ended up at the Byers' kitchen table just seconds later. In fact, it was only when Steve laid some candy bars in front of her - that probably came from the deepest darkest depths of Dustin's backpack, by the looks of it - and gave her the "if you don't eat it then I'm force-feeding you" look, that she finally began to register what was going on around her.