The Body (Pt. 2)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙾𝙳𝚈
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 2

Stepping back to admire her handiwork, Ally nodded satisfied

"Well, boys, my work here is done," she announced, emerging from the room, "I give you, my 'cousin' Eleanor,"

Just as they practiced, the door swung open and out stepped El. Donned in a blonde wig and one of Nancy's old, pink dresses with some light make up, the girl was almost unrecognisable. The boys' jaws dropped.

"Wow. She looks..." Dustin trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"Pretty," Mike finished thoughtlessly, before realising what he'd said and quickly covering it up, "Good. You look pretty good,"

Ally smirked smugly, her eyes darting over to Lucas and Dustin. The trio shared a knowing look. Ally moved to stand beside Dustin as El gazed at her reflection in the mirror.

"Five bucks says they're in love by the end of the week," She whispered to Dustin, holding out her hand to seal the bet.

"You're on," Dustin accepted, giving her hand a single hard shake.

***

"Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad," Mike instructed as the five tweens strode down the empty halls of Hawkins' Middle School.

As they made their way to the AV Club room, El fiddled with her wig, anxiously tucking away stray pieces of hair that dangled in her face. Noticing her discomfort, Ally rested a hand over one of El's that nervously tugged on the fake blonde locks.

"Don't worry. You look great," Ally reassured, giving her hand a squeeze and flashing her a kind smile that the girl returned.

"Attention students," the principal announced over the speakers, "There will be an assembly to honour Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period,"

Mike grasped the door handle, turned the knob and gave it an unsuccessful shove.

"It's locked," he sighed in annoyance.

"What?" Lucas groaned, reaching to try open it himself.

"Hey! Do you think you could open it? With your powers?" Dustin asked the girls hopefully.

Ally shook her head, "For what we're about to do, we'll need all the energy we can get-"

"Kids?" Mr. Clarke interrupted, rounding the corner to stand before the party.