The Bathtub (Pt. 2)

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙱𝙰𝚃𝙷𝚃𝚄𝙱
𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 2

Ally sat upfront in the shotgun seat of Hopper's car

Her usual spot.

"So, you have superpowers," Hopper stated, breaking the awkward silence in the car.

Ally swallowed her anxiety and kept her gaze trained on the road.

"Last time I checked," she replied.

"And... she's your..." Hopper trailed off glancing at El in the rear-view mirror.

"Sister, she's my sister," Ally confirmed.

"Right..." the man nodded, silence enveloping them once more.

"Will's body... it was a fake," Hopper said out of the blue, "So, turns out, you were right,"

Ally smirked.

"Of course, I was. I'm always right," she quipped jokingly, lightening the mood, "Right, boys?"

A chorus of agreements from the backseat followed the girl's question.

"See, always right; yet you're still surprised," she remarked. 

Hopper smiled and shook his head. 

Classic Ally.

"Look, what I'm trying to say here is..." Hopper sighed, "I'm sorry for not believing you," he apologised.

"Gosh, I wish I'd gotten that on camera," she mumbled to herself before replying, "Well, you did save us back there so... I'd say all is forgiven,"

Hopper sighed in both relief and exhaustion from the events of the last few days.

"That's good because we've got a lot to talk about,"

***

When they finally arrived at the Byers' house, Hopper and the boys climbed out of the car - Mike immediately being crushed into a hung by Nancy - but Ally and El remained seated for a minute longer. The blue-eyed girl turned to Eleven, sensing her uneasiness.

"It's okay, El. These people are gonna help us. We can trust them," she reassured, "There's no need to be nervous here,"

"Promise?" El asked.

Without hesitation, Ally nodded confidently.

"Promise,"

As they climbed out of the car, the sisters linked their hands and moved to stand with the rest of their friends. Noticing the arrival of the two girls, El's outfit caught the elder Wheeler's eye.

"Is that my dress?" Nancy asked, narrowing her eyes.

El looked to Ally with wide eyes but the girl just chuckled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.